Double chocolate chip cookies are triple as sweet with the addition of maraschino cherries!
You’re going to love these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cherries!
Double chocolate cherry cookies are perfect for maraschino cherry lovers! White chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate are ideal partners for those candied cherries. With these cookies, you will always have the perfect treat for serving upon any occasion.
Made from scratch with simple ingredients and steps you can have a batch of cookies fresh and warm from the oven in just minutes. No dough chilling is required!
Chocolate Chip Cookies With Cherries
These maraschino cherry chocolate chip cookies are truly something special. Creamy white chocolate and rich semi-sweet chocolate melt in your mouth which each bite and while the semi-sweet chocolate holds back on the sweetness, the maraschino cherries dig in! But each component works harmoniously to bring you a truly joyful cookie experience!
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- All-purpose flour
- White chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chopped Maraschino cherries
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cherries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and then set them aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Mix in the vinegar until combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder with a whisk.
- Slowly mix in the flour ingredient to the wet ones, until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and chopped cherries until mixed.
- Scoop the dough into small balls about 1-2 tablespoons in size using a small cookie scoop. Place onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
The added vinegar to these cookies helps them to puff up nicely as they bake by creating a chemical reaction with the leavening agents. You won’t be able to taste the tangy acidic flavor of the vinegar once baked.
If the cookie dough becomes too soft to handle, place the bowl of dough into the fridge for about 1 hour or in the freezer for 15 minutes to help stiffen it up before scooping it into balls and baking. This will help to prevent the warm dough from spreading too much as it bakes.
Make sure that you drain off as much excess liquid as you can from the cherries before using. Letting them ret on a paper towel before chopping is a good idea.
Can I freeze cherry chocolate chip cookies?
Yes, these cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months after they have been baked. Just keep them stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze them as portioned dough balls so that when you are ready to bake all you have to do is place them on a baking sheet as the oven preheats. To do this make the dough as directed and then place it onto a baking sheet in ready-to-bake-sized balls, before freezing for 2 hours until solid. Then transfer to an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How long are chocolate chip cookies with maraschino cherries good for?
These cookies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. This should give you plenty of time to enjoy them before they become stale.
Can I use fresh cherries instead of maraschino cherries?
I have not tried this recipe with fresh cherries instead of maraschino but I imagine that it would work out well with chopped pitted cherries. The only major difference (besides appearance) would be the sweetness of the dough because maraschino cherries are candied and much sweeter than fresh.
If you loved these chocolate chip cherry cookies then you may also enjoy these other chocolate chip cookie recipes!
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheet with the Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Mix until fluffy. Mix in vinegar. Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients until mixture is fully incorporated.
- Stir in both chips and chopped cherries.
- Carefully scoop dough using a small cookie scoop and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies have set. Allow cookies to stand on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 121Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 19mgSodium 72mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 1g