Double chocolate chip cookies are triple as sweet with the addition of maraschino cherries!
This post is sponsored by Reynolds and Socialstars; all opinions are my own #ReynoldsCrowd™
I used to be the kind of kid who would pop maraschino cherries into my mouth like they were candy. One after another, sweet little cherries would dissolve into my mouth until the entire jar was emptied. This would no doubt drive my mom crazy as we were going through jars and jars of cherries on a weekly basis.
I don’t have the same zeal for eating maraschino cherries these days. I scoop them out of my drinks or milkshakes and pass them onto my daughter who pops them into her mouth like they are candy. I would rather enjoy maraschino cherries in baked goods like this cherry lime cake roll, or these Cherry Coke cupcakes. These cherries need something to combat all that candied sweetness.
Double chocolate chip cookies are perfect for maraschino cherry lovers! White chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate are ideal partners for those candied cherries. I baked these soft, chewy cookies on Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets. These convenient pre-cut sheets make baking simple! They are non-stick and lay perfectly flat on my cookie tray (hurrah for no curling). And when I’m finished baking, I just throw my sheet away; no clean up! What’s even better is that these sheets are oven safe up to 420 degrees!
These double chocolate chip cookies are truly something special. Creamy white chocolate and rich semi-sweet chocolate melt in your mouth which each bite and while the semi-sweet chocolate holds back on the sweetness, the maraschino cherries dig in! But each component works harmoniously to bring you a truly joyful cookie experience!
Easy baking; joyful cookie-what more could a girl ask for?
Ready to bake with Reynolds Kitchen?
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cherries
A soft, chewy cookie that has both white chocolate chips and-and semi-sweet chocolate in each bite! The sweet maraschino cherries are a bonus!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheet with the Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Mix until fluffy. Mix in vinegar. Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients until mixture is fully incorporated.
- Stir in both chips and chopped cherries.
- Carefully scoop dough using a small cookie scoop and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies have set. Allow cookies to stand on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.