Fresh blueberries had a touch of sweetness to this easy quinoa salad. Quinoa, veggies, feta, and a simple vinaigrette make this salad, lean, healthy, and especially delicious!
I know there are so many diets out there and I do not endorse one over the other, I think everyone needs to find what works for them.
I personally try to have a balanced diet and keep things in moderation. One of the best ways to keep things in check is to add healthy salads to your diet just like this Blueberry Quinoa Salad.
This is a great recipe if you are watching your diets, it is packed with nutrients and is filling too. This healthy quinoa salad is easy to throw together. I am sure you are going to love this salad!
Ingredients Needed For Blueberry Quinoa Salad
Cooked Quinoa – I used Bob’s Red Mill for this recipe, but store brand or your favorite brand works fine. I like to cook my quinoa in chicken broth for added flavor. You can also use red or black quinoa too. Quinoa is a powerhouse when it comes to nutrition. It is packed with protein and fiber and it also has iron and magnesium.
Fresh Kale – Wash and dry your fresh kale. You can chop it or tear it to the size you like. There are a couple of different types of kale to choose from. In most grocery stores you can find both curly kale and flat kale. Either will work for this recipe, it really comes down to preference. Kale is also quite a protein-rich. It also has fiber and Vitamins, A, C, and K. As far as greens go, you cannot go wrong with fresh kale.
Fresh Broccoli Florets – Broccoli is also a great source of fiber and vitamin C. I cut my broccoli into small florets so that it would blend in with the salad and make each bite easier. Leave the broccoli raw.
Fresh Blueberries – Blueberries are rich in antioxidants. You can use other fruits if you like, but stay away from the dried fruit, fresh is best!
Feta Cheese = Blue cheese, shaved Parmesan, or goat cheese are great options for this recipe!
How To Prepare This Blueberry Quinoa Salad
STEP ONE – Prepare the quinoa as per the package direction, seasoning the quinoa if desired. Again, I like to cook my quinoa in chicken broth for a little extra flavor.
STEP TWO – Coarsely chop or tear the kale and place it in a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa, blueberries, and broccoli,
STEP THREE – In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey. Season the dressing with salt to taste.
STEP FOUR – Toss to coat. Sprinkle feta cheese over the salad and serve.
MODIFYING THIS RECIPE
- There isn’t much to this quinoa salad recipe, however, you can swap out spinach if you aren’t a fan of kale or just substitute spinach for HALF of the kale.
- Swap out blackberries, red grapes, or apple chunks for the blueberries.
- Add pecans, almonds, chia seeds, or sunflower seeds to the salad for a little crunch.
- Use apple cider vinegar instead of the red wine vinegar in the dressing,
Is Quinoa Salad Gluten-Free?
Yes! Quinoa is a great grain to consume if you are watching your gluten intake. The dressing ingredients are also gluten-free and so is the feta cheese.
This salad can also be Vegan if you omit the feta cheese and use maple syrup in place of the honey for the dressing.
How Long Does Quinoa Salad Last?
This salad is good if stored in the fridge for up to 1 day. Unfortunately, the dressing will begin to break down and wilt the kale after a day. This salad is best when consumed the same day.
What To Serve With Quinoa Salad?
You could easily make a meal out of this salad by adding in shredded rotisserie chicken.
More Recipes With Grains
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 cups kale
- 1 small bunch of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the quinoa as per the package direction, seasoning the quinoa if desired. I like to cook my quinoa in chicken broth for a little extra flavor.
- Coarsely chop or tear the kale and place it in a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa, blueberries, and broccoli,
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey. Season the dressing with salt to taste.
- Toss to coat. Sprinkle feta cheese over the salad and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 251Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 8mgSodium 219mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 7g