The detox salad is loaded with veggies, seeds, and fruit and then drizzled with a tangy tahini dressing. A healthy salad like this will only do your body good! Adding this salad to your diet will having you feeling good from the inside out!
I do believe my waistline is showing the effects of quarantine. I don’t think I am eating differently and I know I am exercising more, but somehow my body shape is shifting. It’s times like these where I think a few more salads thrown into my week will do me some good.
This detox salad is exactly what I need to be eating! This is a great recipe to set your diet straight!
What Is A Detox Salad?
I think of a detox salad getting rid of the old and bringing in the new. A detox salad is what you need when you know you’ve been eating terribly and you need to reset the body and your habits.
You can add so many things to your salad; from fruit to protein, although, for this salad the greener the ingredients, the better!
What Does A Detox Salad Do?
A detox salad helps to cleanse the colon and detoxify the body. Vegetables such as kale and spinach carry a good amount of fiber. Green Salad like this helps your body to metabolize slowly and plays an important role to prevent a sudden increase in your blood sugar levels.
What Do You Need For This Detox Salad?
Power Greens or mixed greens with kale
How To Make This Detox Salad
Putting together this salad is super simple!
Place your lettuce in a large bowl, add chopped broccoli florets, diced avocados, sliced grapefruit sections, toasted coconut, berries, and chia seeds.
In a salad dressing shaker or in a bowl, whisk together the tahini, a little water, lemon juice and olive oil whisk to combine. Season the dressing with salt to taste.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Detox Salad Ingredients Tips and Suggestions
- I used a power green mixed container that I can easily find in Kroger. This is a mixture of baby spinach, mizuna, chard, and kale. You can use all kale, kale, and spinach, just spinach or any other lettuce combination you like!
- You can add in red cabbage for more crunch and for flavor.
- Dried cranberries can be used for the berries.
- Grapefruit is somewhat of an acquired taste, you can use orange sections, berries, or apples in its place.
- Add sunflower seeds or any other nut to this salad recipe.
- Shaved Brussels sprouts can be used in place of the broccoli or IN ADDITION to the broccoli.
- Add shredded chicken if you would like a little protein!
This great salad is low-carb, paleo-friendly and can easily be adapted to be keto-friendly! Wash this salad down with this Detox Lemon Cucumber Water!
More Salad Recipes
- 4 cups of power greens
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cubed avocados
- ½ large grapefruit
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup dried berries
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 1 /2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Place your greens in a large bowl, add chopped broccoli florets, diced avocados, sliced grapefruit sections, toasted coconut, berries, and chia seeds.
- In a salad dressing shaker or in a bowl, whisk together the tahini, a little water, lemon juice and olive oil whisk to combine. Season the dressing with salt to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Add grated Parmesan if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 2mgSodium 516mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 20gSugar 7gProtein 12g