This thick and smooth strawberry banana smoothie recipe is tastes like a McDonald’s smoothie but because YOU made it! You won’t anything but simple ingredients in this easy to assemble smoothie!
I am not ashamed to admit that I am and always have been the kind of mom who uses bribery to motivate her kids. I used “incentives” when the kids were little when I needed them to do things like using the potty instead of a diaper and I use them now when I need them to clean up after themselves or to get up early to get to practice,
Of all my 3 kids, my son (who is 15) is the hardest to motivate. He isn’t a natural self-starter, he needs lots of nudging to do anything, even if it is something he loves.
This year, the only way to get him to early morning Sunday baseball (which is his favorite sport!!) is to bribe with a trip to McDonald’s. It was the only thing that would drag him out of his glorious teenager slumber…it worked every single time.
Sure he loved the breakfast sandwiches, but it was the strawberry banana smoothies that really made him happy.
And I admit, they are really good, but it is certainly something we can ALL make at home and you only need about 3 ingredients (2 if you don’t count water)!
What Do I Need to Make This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe?
Are you ready????
Frozen strawberries (partially thawed)
That is IT!
How Do I Make This Smoothie Recipe?
Place the banana and the strawberries in a blender and top with ice. Blend until smooth and combined. Add just enough water until you get a sippable consistency,
Pour and serve with fresh strawberries for garnish.
Strawberry Banana Tips and Suggestions
- You can add almost anything to this smoothie…it can be base for some incredible recipes!
- Try adding Greek yogurt to your smoothie for a little extra protein.
- Almond milk or coconut milk can be added in place of the water.
- I used strawberries in syrup, but you can use fresh or frozen berries without the added sugar,
- Add vanilla extract to your smoothie.
- You can also add chia seeds, flaxseed, protein powder avocado, fresh fruits like raspberries or blackberries, frozen fruit like mango or pineapple and you could also get a nutritional boost from spinach or kale.
Is Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy?
If you were to make the smoothie without the added sugar from the syrup then yes!
If you added yogurt or almond milk or even chia seeds to your smoothie then you also reap the benefits of the additional protein.
Flaxseeds are a great source of fiber.
Any additional fruits or vegetables you add to your smoothie are going to give you more vitamins and minerals all in one glass!
Will This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Help Me Lose Weight?
Incorporating a smoothie that is rich in protein and nutrients into your daily diet can help avoid pounds adding pounds since they are filling and can keep in check and even promote weight loss thanks to their filling fiber and muscle-building protein.
However, smoothies alone cannot be used as a tool for weight loss. Just like this roasted banana smoothie and this smoothie bowl, a strawberry banana smoothie can be incorporated into a well-rounded diet instead.
- 2 cups of ice
- 2 whole bananas
- 6 oz frozen strawberries in syrup
- Place the banana and the strawberries in a blender and top with ice. Blend until smooth and combined. Add just enough water until you get a sippable consistency,
- Pour and serve with fresh strawberries for garnish.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 35mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 5gSugar 36gProtein 2g