Dinner. I get tired of thinking about it. If it were just me in the home, I’d probably eat dessert for dinner. But, I have four other people to consider. Four people with vastly different tastes. Four people who will tell me exactly how they feel before and after each meal. It’s impossible to satisfy everyone. I refuse to cook separate meals. We either eat what I cook or we go hungry. That’s it.
Tonight I decided to do the unthinkable. Make every one happy. It’s funny that chicken stir fry would be the meal to unite us, but it was. My son was happy because there were no tomatoes. My oldest daughter was happy because pasta was involved. My youngest was happy because of the peanut butter sauce. My husband was happy because it was chicken. And finally I was happy because I could add Sriracha! I did it! Household harmony!
I love making stir fry because it’s so easy and can be made with any ingredients you happen to have at home. Don’t have chicken? Use shrimp, pork or tofu! Change out the broccoli for green beans or snow peas. If you don’t like peanut butter or have allergies, you could omit it and add cornstarch to thicken up the sauce. This recipe will fit your needs. My need was to have a dinner free of complaints. My needs have been met!
You might enjoy these too:
Greek Shrimp Scampi – Pasta with shrimp, tomatoes, and feta cheese
Mexican Mac and Cheese -shell pasta with a creamy, jalapeño pesto sauce
If you’d like a little Lulu your life, please subscribe vial email, RSS, Facebook or Google +. I love staying in touch with friends!
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry over Peanut Butter Noodles
- For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 12 oz Udon noodles or linguini
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Stir together soy sauce and next 5 ingredients. Place chicken in a zip top bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green and crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining tablespoon of oil. Heat chicken in oil until browned and caramel in color, about 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together ingredients for peanut butter sauce. Set aside. Bowl noodles according to package directions. Drain, but reserve 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. Return noodles to pan, add peanut butter sauce and reserved liquid. Toss to coat. Serve with chicken and broccoli.
I’ll be linking this up to these sites as well as to the DIY Dreamer, I Should Be Mopping the Floor for this weeks IRON CHEF MOM-PEANUT BUTTER!