Ultra creamy homemade ice cream is swirled with naturally sweet fresh strawberries then stuffed between two chocolate graham crackers.
It’s the ultimate strawberries and cream ice cream sandwich!
Ice cream is easy to make at home and these strawberries and cream ice cream sandwiches are no exception! This ice cream starts with my favorite vanilla base . Egg Beaters, whole milk, heavy cream and sugar are combined with lots of fresh berries. My “sandwiches” are actually chocolate graham crackers. I love using graham cracker with ice cream because they soften over time and become almost cake-like. Each bite melts in your mouth.
I’m not going to lie, this recipe is a bit of a process, but it is a simple process. I blend all my ice cream ingredients (minus the strawberries) in a blender and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for several hours. I find that the longer the base sits in the refrigerator, the creamier your ice cream will be. When the base is ready, churn your ice cream in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers direction, adding strawberries to the ice cream during the last 4 minutes. Arrange 9 graham cracker halves in an 8 x 8 baking pan that has been lined with plastic wrap that is long enough for some to hang over on the sides. Pour out your ice cream over the crackers. Top with 9 more crackers, cover and freeze for at least one hour or until set. When ready, lift your ice cream out. Carefully cut ice cream into squares. Wrap each individual ice cream sandwich in plastic wrap and refreeze until ready to serve.
I better keep these strawberries and cream ice cream sandwiches in my freezer at all times. If I’m going to break my ice cream drive thru habit, I’m going to need them!
- Egg Beaters
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Whole Milk
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Strawberries
- Strawberry Extract
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
How to Make Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Combine the egg whites, sugar, heavy cream, whole milk, and vanilla in a blender until well mixed. Place into the fridge for at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Pour your chilled egg mixture into the base of an ice cream maker and process it according to the owner’s manual instructions. Add in the chopped strawberries during the final few minutes or churning.
- Meanwhile, line an 8×8 baking dish with two sheets of plastic wrap arranged like a cross. Be sure to leave enough plastic overhang that the ice cream can be easily removed later.
- Line 9 graham cracker halves into the pan and then pour the ice cream over the top.
- Top with the remaining 9 graham crackers.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place into the freezer until set.
- Carefully remove the ice cream sandwiches from the pan using the plastic wrap as a handle. With a knife, section out each ice cream sandwich.
- Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and place them into the freezer until ready to serve.
- 4 ounces Egg Beaters
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon Strawberry Extract, Optional
- 18 Chocolate Graham Crackers
- In a blender, combine egg whites, sugar, heavy cream, whole milk and vanilla until blended. Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Pour egg mixture into the base of an ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's directions, adding chopped strawberries during the last few minutes of churning.
- Meanwhile, line an 8 x8 in pan with two sheets of plastic wrap that are arrange like a cross. Be sure to allow enough over hang so that the sandwiches will be easy to remove.
- Line 9 graham cracker halves in the pan. Pour ice cream over crackers and top with remaining 9 crackers. Loosely cover sandwiches and place in the freezer until set.
- Carefully remove the ice cream sandwiches using the plastic wrap as handles. With a knife, section out each ice cream sandwich.
- Wrap each individual sandwich with plastic wrap and place them in the freezer until ready to serve.