Ultra creamy homemade ice cream is swirled with naturally sweet fresh strawberries then stuffed between two chocolate graham crackers.
It’s the ultimate strawberries and cream ice cream sandwich!
Homemade ice cream sandwiches are a tasty treat that you are going to enjoy all summer long. Ice cream is easy to make at home and these strawberries and cream ice cream sandwiches are no exception! This ice cream starts with my favorite vanilla base. Egg Beaters, whole milk, heavy cream, and sugar are combined with lots of fresh berries. My “sandwiches” are actually chocolate graham crackers. I love making homemade ice cream sandwiches with graham crackers because they soften over time and become almost cake-like. Each bite melts in your mouth.
Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches
Making this strawberry ice cream recipe is a labor of love because it requires a bit of patience to come together. The steps are simple and easy to follow along with but the patience needed to wait while the ice cream churns and freezes is what makes it almost unbearable. Thankfully each batch makes several chocolate graham cracker ice cream sandwiches so you have plenty to enjoy between batches. From the soft chocolate cookie to the strawberries and cream ice cream inside, every bite is a wonderful combination of flavors and textures that just scream summertime.
- Egg Beaters
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Whole Milk
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Strawberries
- Strawberry Extract
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
How to Make Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Combine the egg beaters, sugar, heavy cream, whole milk, and vanilla in a blender until well mixed. Place into the fridge for at least one hour or up to 24 hours. I blend all my ice cream ingredients (minus the strawberries) in a blender and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for several hours. I find that the longer the base sits in the refrigerator, the creamier your ice cream will be
- Pour your chilled egg mixture into the base of an ice cream maker and process it according to the owner’s manual instructions. Add in the chopped strawberries during the final few minutes of churning.
- Meanwhile, line an 8×8 baking dish with two sheets of plastic wrap arranged like a cross. Be sure to leave enough plastic overhang that the ice cream can be easily removed later.
- Line 9 graham cracker halves into the pan and then pour the ice cream over the top.
- Top with the remaining 9 graham crackers.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place into the freezer until set.
- Carefully remove the ice cream sandwiches from the pan using the plastic wrap as a handle. With a knife, section out each ice cream sandwich.
- Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and place them into the freezer until ready to serve.
How long are strawberry ice cream sandwiches good for?
This homemade strawberry ice cream is good for up to a few months when you keep the sandwiches well wrapped in plastic wrap and then stored in an airtight container. This will help to keep the freezer burn and frostbite off of the ice cream so that they stay tasting fresh and perfect.
How much is 4 ounces of egg beaters in cups?
1/2 cup of egg beaters is 4 ounces. Egg beaters are just egg whites so if you don’t have or cannot find egg beaters in store simply measure out 1/2 cup of egg whites at home. this is roughly 2-3 large eggs.
For more tasty ice cream recipes, check out these cold recipes:
- Moose Tracks Ice Cream Milkshake
- Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Cake
- Banana Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
- Reeses Ice Cream Cake
- Eggnog Ice Cream Float
- 4 ounces Egg Beaters
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon Strawberry Extract, Optional
- 18 Chocolate Graham Crackers
- In a blender, combine egg whites, sugar, heavy cream, whole milk and vanilla until blended. Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Pour egg mixture into the base of an ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's directions, adding chopped strawberries during the last few minutes of churning.
- Meanwhile, line an 8 x8 in pan with two sheets of plastic wrap that are arrange like a cross. Be sure to allow enough over hang so that the sandwiches will be easy to remove.
- Line 9 graham cracker halves in the pan. Pour ice cream over crackers and top with remaining 9 crackers. Loosely cover sandwiches and place in the freezer until set.
- Carefully remove the ice cream sandwiches using the plastic wrap as handles. With a knife, section out each ice cream sandwich.
- Wrap each individual sandwich with plastic wrap and place them in the freezer until ready to serve.