Posted by Tanya Schroederhttps://www.lemonsforlulu.com/southwestern-hash/
© 2014 LemonsforLulu.com. All rights reserved.
- 3 chicken sausage links (I used a fajita flavored sausage), diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups shredded potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 5 eggs
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add diced sausage and cook until browned. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook until veggies have softened about 3 minutes. Remove sausage mixture to a bowl and set aside. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add potatoes in an even layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook potatoes for 8 minutes or until the bottom has begun to crisp up. Stir in sausage mixture. Make 5 wells in potatoes add eggs into each well. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until eggs have completely set. Remove from heat and sprinkle with tomatoes, avocadoes and cilantro.