You’re going to love this snickerdoodle quick bread recipe. A soft and fluffy loaf of bread packed with sweet cinnamon sugar in every slice.
This snickerdoodle quick bread is pure heaven! I adapted it from my Cherry Almond Quick Bread recipe and it just works! I used non-fat Greek yogurt per my original recipe, but I did alter my flour; I used one cup all-purpose flour and one cup of white whole wheat flour. You could solely use all-purpose flour and your snickerdoodle quick bread would still turn out perfectly.
To get a swirling effect, add your quick bread batter to your bread pan one layer at a time. Sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mixture in between layers. Use a long skewer to carefully swirl the cinnamon throughout the snickerdoodle loaf. I took the cinnamon flavor in this loaf even further by topping my bread with a very simple streusel made from flour, cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar.
This easy quick bread recipe has lots of cinnamon sugar flavor that isn’t overpowering. The texture of the loaf is soft and tender; like cake for breakfast but better! It tastes wholesome and delicious. You’re going to love this recipe for snickerdoodle bread!
What is Quick Bread?
Quick breads typically do not contain yeast. This means you will not have to allow the bread to rise; hence the name quick bread. They can be mixed by hand in one bowl, poured, and then baked. While bake times are often just under an hour the whole process from start to finish should not take you much longer than that. This, coupled with the fact that quick breads are often sweet or fruity makes them so appealing.
Ingredients you’ll need for Snickerdoodle Quick Bread:
For the bread, you will need:
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- White whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Plain Greek Yogurt
For the swirl, you will need:
- Granulated sugar
For the topping, you will need:
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Quick Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray the inside of a 5×9 bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and extract.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar until well mixed.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet ones.
- Stir in the yogurt until fully incorporated.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter into the bread pan and then sprinkle with a tablespoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Top with another 1.4 of the batter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the cinnamon sugar set it aside and then repeat the layers of the batter and cinnamon sugar 2 more times for a total of 4 layers of batter.
- Swirl the batter around with a long skewer or a butter knife.
- In a bowl combine the reserved cinnamon sugar with flour, brown sugar, and butter to make the topping. Sprinkle over the top of the bread.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean or with just a few loose crumbs.
- Remove to a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and allow it to cool completely.
This easy snickerdoodle bread recipe can be made with a few simple modifications. For example:
- You can use regular brown sugar or Splenda in this recipe depending on your preference.
- Instead of using 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour, you can just do 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You could also take the plain Greek yogurt and swap it out for Vanilla Greek yogurt for more great taste added to every slice.
How long is snickerdoodle bread good for?
this bread can be kept well wrapped in an airtight container or in a Ziploc gallon-sized baggie for up to a week. For best results eat within 2 or 3 days. I do not recommend storing the bread in the fridge as the cold air may cause it to dry out more quickly. You could also freeze the bread for up to 3 months.
Can I make mini loaves of this snickerdoodle bread recipe?
Yes! You can take this easy snickerdoodle bread and make 2 mini loaves instead of one big one if desired. If you do this please make sure to check the doneness of the bread in about half the time and adjust from there as a smaller loaf will cook more quickly than a larger one.
Can I use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt?
Yes, if you do not have Greek yogurt on hand you can swap it out for sour cream instead. the tastes and richness levels will be the same but Greek yogurt is usually a bit healthier. I do not recommend swapping Greek yogurt out for regular plain yogurt as the moisture content in those yogurts is too high and will cause the bread to not turn out correctly.
Love cinnamon as much as we do? Check out these snickerdoodle recipes!
- Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Whoopie Pie Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Rum Balls
- Snickerdoodle Poke Cake
- Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Pie Bars
For the bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the topping
- 1/4 cinnamon sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 5 x 9 in pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugars, eggs and extract. In a small bowl, combine 3 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Carefully add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir in yogurt until completely incorporated. Pour 1/4 of thebatter into bread pan. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar mixture. Top with 1/4 of the batter and again sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar mixture. Reserve 1/4 cup of cinnamon sugar remaining. Repeat twice (you will have 4 layers of batter). Swirl batter with a long skewer or a knife.
- Combine remaining cinnamon sugar mixture, flour, brown sugar blend and butter. Sprinkle over bread.
- Bake bread for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with loose crumbs. Remove to a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 327Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 78mgSodium 350mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 2gSugar 29gProtein 6g