Your crackers will beg for this cheese ball!
The creamy roasted garlic and the nutty Asiago cheese make this appetizer unforgettable!
I love this Asiago cheese ball recipe and I’m sure you will too! Made with fresh oven-roasted garlic and Asiago cheese every bite of this party cheese ball is incredible, creamy, and flavorful. This garlic cheese ball recipe is absolutely perfect for any occasion. Elevated to new heights thanks to the ingredients that make it special this is a recipe you’ll want to bring to parties and events and because it’s so easy to prepare you’re going to want to make it for everything.
What is a Cheeseball?
A cheeseball is a rounded ball of soft and spreadable cheese dip made so that it can be a centerpiece next to a plate of assorted crackers. Serve your garlic cheese ball for New Year, Christmas, and every event in between, there’s no wrong time to serve one up. It’s so easy to prepare all you really need is a little time and patience as it chills in the fridge. The reason why cheeseballs have been around for so long is that they are so gosh darn tasty!
- Garlic heads
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Asiago cheese
- Toasted pecans
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Roasted Garlic Asiago Cheese Ball
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off of both heads of garlic and peel away the loose skin.
- Place the garlic heads in a sheet of aluminum foil and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the foil around the garlic and place it onto a baking sheet. It should look like foil cups holding each head of garlic.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the garlic is very fragrant, golden, and soft.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Once the garlic has cooled, squeeze the cloves into a food processor.
- Add in the cream cheese, yogurt, and Asiago cheese.
- Process until the mixture is creamy and combined.
- Remove the cheese and place it onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Cover with plastic wrap and form it into a ball.
- Place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans and parsley. Roll the cheese ball into the mixture to cover it well.
- Place the cheese ball back into the fridge (covered in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container) until ready to serve.
If you do not have Greek yogurt on hand you can simply replace it with some sour cream instead.
Can you freeze cream cheese balls?
Yes, you can wrap the cheeseball very well in plastic wrap and freeze it for up to 1 month. Place it into an airtight container after wrapping to help prevent freezer burn as that may cause the cheese ball to crumble once thawed. thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
How long is cheeseball good for?
You can keep this party ball well wrapped and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Don’t worry though, it tastes so great you’ll have it eaten in no time!
- Mini BBQ Bacon Cheese Balls
- Baked Feta Cheese Dip
- Garlic Bread Cheese Dip
- Herbed Feta Cheeseball Recipe
- Hot Melty Broccoli Cheese Dip
- Goat Cheese Appetizer: Goat Cheese & Honey Bruschetta
- 2 whole heads of garlic
- oiive oil
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- To prepare garlic start by preheating oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of both heads of garlic and peel away the loose skin from the garlic. Place garlic heads in a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap foil around garlic and place on a baking sheet. Roast garlic in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the garlic is very fragrant, golden and soft. Remove the garlic and let it cool.
- Once the garlic has cooled, squeeze the cloves in a food processor. Add cream cheese, yogurt and Asiago cheese the food processor and mix until creamy and combined.
- Remove cheese mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap, cover and form into a ball. Refrigerate cheese for 30 minutes.
- Combine pecans and parsley in a shallow bowl. Roll cheese in the nut mixture and cover until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 19mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 4g