Sometimes the simplest desserts are the best! This easy, no-bake dessert features juicy pineapple that is grilled until it is tender and ultra-sweet. It’s served with a simple mascarpone whipped cream.
I served this grilled pineapple with a super simple mascarpone whipped cream. The mascarpone is so creamy and mild. All you need to add to it is a little milk or heavy cream and a little sugar.
This topping compliments the sweet grilled pineapple perfectly. Add a few almonds for crunch and if desired, a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping. Now you have a luscious grilled dessert that is as delicious as it is simple!
Grilled Pineapple Recipe
This pineapple recipe is super easy to make and always a fun summer treat. Serve it up as a dessert or as a snack, it’s a healthier way of getting fruits and nutrients into your body while still being sweet enough to feel like you’re supposed to wait until after dinner to enjoy. This pineapple is always a huge hit and the flavors are always incredible and indulgent.
- Fresh pineapple
- Mascarpone cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds
- Caramel sauce
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Grilled Pineapple with Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- Spray a grill with nonstick cooking spray and preheat it to medium heat.
- Place the pineapple wedges onto the hot grill.
- Grill your pineapple for 8-10 minutes, turning the pineapple constantly.
- Grill until they are soft, golden, and with slight grill marks.
- Meanwhile, combine the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Top the pineapple with mascarpone cheese, almonds, and caramel sauce.
- Mascarpone cheese can often be found in the specialty cheese section of your grocery store. If you cannot find it, I would either use store-bought whipped cream or make your own to serve with the grilled pineapple.
- Toppings can be swapped out, your favorite nut can be used in place of the almonds and honey can be used in place of the caramel topping.
How long to grill pineapple
For this pineapple, you do not want to cook it too long. You will need to watch the pineapple as it grills. You want grill marks and a light golden color, nothing more. Once that has been achieved, take it off of the grill and serve with the cream as directed.
Is grilled pineapple good for you?
Pineapple is a very healthy fruit that is packed with Vitamin C and manganese as well as being high in fiber and other nutrients that your body needs. It also has some anti-inflammatory properties too. This dessert does increase the sugar contents and add in some fats but compared to many other desserts it’s still got a lot of great nutritional benefits making it pretty healthy.
How do you keep pineapples from sticking to the grill?
For more summer fun, check out these other great grilling recipes
- Grilled Beef Teriyaki
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Herb Drizzled Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled German Goetta Burger
- Grilled Tilapia Recipe with Basil Aioli
- Grilled Fruit Pizza Recipe
- 1 large pineapple cored and sliced into wedges
- 1 8 oz container mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- Spray outdoor grill grates with non stick spray. Preheat grill over medium heat. Place pineapple wedges on hot grill.
- Grill pineapple for 8-10 minutes, turning pineapple constantly. Grill until soft, golden and with slight grill marks.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together mascarpone, powdered sugar and milk. Stir until smooth.
- To serve, top pineapple with mascarpone, almonds and caramel sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 335Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 77mgSodium 265mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 4g