Sometimes the simplest desserts are the best! This easy, no bake dessert features juicy pineapple that is grilled until it is tender and ultra sweet.
It’s served with a simple mascarpone whipped cream.
I love baked goods. Cupcakes, cookies an brownies really make my heart flutter. But when it’s 900 degrees outside, I cannot muster up the energy to bake one single cookie. But since we are dessert addicts in this household, going without dessert is just not an option!
This is why the grill is my friend in the summer time. Fruit on the grill is absolutely amazing. Watermelon, peaches and pineapple are my go-to fruits to grill up. The flavors intensify on the grill, each fruit softens and becomes succulent and sweet. Grilled pineapple might be my favorite. Any tartness from the pineapple is toned down and the pineapple becomes tender and syrupy sweet.
I served this grilled pineapple with a super simple mascarpone whipped cream. The mascarpone is so creamy and mild. All you need to add to it is a little milk or heavy cream and a little sugar. This topping compliments the sweet grilled pineapple perfectly. Add a few almonds for crunch and if desired, a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping. Now you have a luscious no bake dessert that is as delicious as it is simple!
Notes about the recipe:
- Be sure to spray non stick spray on your cold grill grates before you start grilling. Otherwise the sweet pineapple will stick to your grill.
- Watch the pineapple as it grills. You want grill marks and a light golden color, nothing more.
- Mascarpone cheese can often be found in the specialty cheese section of your grocery store. If you cannot find it, I would either use store bought whipped cream or make your own to serve with the grilled pineapple.
- Toppings can be swapped out, your favorite nut can be used place of the almonds and honey can be used in place of the caramel topping.
To cut a pineapple:
Soft and tender pineapple on the grill.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 large pineapple cored and sliced into wedges
- 1 8 oz container mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- Spray outdoor grill grates with non stick spary. Preheat grill over medium heat. Place pineapple wedges on hot grill.
- Grill pineapple for 8-10 minutes, turning pineapple constantly. Grill until soft, golden and with slight grill marks.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together mascarpone, powdered sugar and milk. Stir until smooth.
- To serve, top pineapple with mascarpone, almonds and caramel sauce.