This easy strawberry shortcake recipe is so simple, but tastes amazing!
Soft, yellow cake is filled with creamy frosting and freshly diced strawberries!
It only takes a handful of ingredients to present your guests with an elegant and delicious dessert!
This easy strawberry shortcake recipe is a super simple pantry staple recipe made with just a couple of ingredients and steps making it perfect for any occasion. The kids and adults will all love these shortcake cupcakes and you’ll love how simply they come together to create a sweet treat. With vanilla cake surrounding a nestled scoop of fresh sweetened strawberries and then topped with whipped cream these treats are always welcomed!
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake Recipe
This strawberry shortcake recipe is incredibly simple and easy. In fact, it’s so easy you can grab the kids and have them help out with the whole process. From mixing the batter to chopping strawberries and whipping up the cream. Every step of this recipe can be modified for smaller hands and chefs. The assembly line also works faster when you have everyone working together to help create these summery desserts.
- Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- Pillsbury white frosting
- Fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Make and prepare the cupcakes according to the package directions on the cake mix box and allow for them to cool completely.
Combine the frosting and chopped strawberries in a bowl.
Carefully slice each cupcake in half.
Place a generous scoop of the strawberry mixture on the bottom half of each cupcake and then place the top of the cupcake on top of the strawberries.
Top each cupcake with some whipped cream and additional strawberries if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
Can I make these shortcakes in advance?
While you can assemble the cupcakes up to a day in advance I would make all of the parts of the recipe separately and not assemble until closer to the serving time so that you don’t have to worry about the strawberries making the cake soggy. Don’t add the whipped cream on top until ready to serve so that it doesn’t melt.
Can I use a different berry?
Yes, swap out the strawberries for blackberries, blueberries, or even raspberries for a more summer tasting experience.
What cake mixes go well as shortcake?
You can make white cake mix, yellow cake mix, or even strawberry cake mix into cupcakes for this simple shortcake recipe and still have it turn out tasty.
For more strawberry recipes check out these berry delicious recipes:
- Strawberry Rickey
- How To Freeze Strawberries & Preserve The Red Color and Flavor
- Strawberries and Cream Profiteroles
- Almond Flour Cake With Strawberry and Raw Jam
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
- Strawberry Hand Pies
- 1(15.25 oz) box Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1 16 oz container Pillsbury white frosting
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions and allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine frosting and chopped strawberries.
- Carefully slice each cupcake in half. Place a generous spoonful of strawberry mixture on the bottom of each cupcake and place replace cupcake top.
- Top each shortcake with whipped cream and additional strawberries if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 1g