Sweet little red velvet crinkle cookies filled with mini chocolate chips! Just in time for the holidays!
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”! Unless you have more things to accomplish than time allows! I looked at the calendar and it was December 1st, I blink and it’s December 17th! Holy heck, did that happen?
I still need a few gifts. The gifts I HAVE, need to be wrapped. I don’t see that happening any time soon! Oh how I wish that Elf on the Shelf would stop posing and earn his keep!
And those Christmas cards….well, they aren’t going to write themselves (of course I need them to be delivered first!). This was probably the year I should have just ordered “Happy New Year” cards instead.
And then there’s the Christmas cookies. I need more. I made a batch or two. But that’s just not going to cut it. I only have 8 days to make all the treats I want. 8 days people!! See, this is stressing me out more than the gifts or the cards. Those will all work out. To me, IT’S ALL ABOUT THE COOKIES! Thankfully I was able to make these Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. Crinkles are a must every Christmas. They are a little crisp on the outside, but soft and cracked in the middle, with lots of chocolate flavor. I made these double chocolate by stirring in plenty of mini chocolate chips. The red velvet just makes them perfect for the holidays!
I feel a little better with these beauties in the line up. I can breathe a tad bit easier today. Now, all I have left to do is make coconut balls, peppermint patty bark, sugar cookies, gingerbread men, cookie cups, thumbprints…..
IN THE RED:
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Enjoy this crinkle cookies recipe!
Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 bottle (1 oz) red food coloring (about 5 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in milk, vanilla, vinegar and food coloring, mixing well.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Whisk all ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring just until combine. Mix in chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets. Pour 1 cup of powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. With buttered hands roll dough into 1 1/2 in balls. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies have cracked and edges are set. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
- Makes 60 cookies
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 100kcal Calories from fat 35|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|