Friends and family are going to love this BBQ Chicken Pizza Sub!
This fun recipe is perfect for game-day or Friday night pizza night!
I used to watch football on Sundays with my sister. She always enjoyed watching football and I aspired to enjoy watching football but I never understood the sport. I didn’t know the rules, the plays or nuances of the game. I usually stared blankly at the tv and sheepishly cheered any time people around me cheered.
Now I watch football on Sunday’s with friends, my husband, and my son. I do have a better understanding of what is going on. The rules, the plays, and the commentary are still somewhat lost on me. I admit that on occasion I stare blankly at the tv and cheer when my husband cheers. I mostly just hang out near the kitchen either preparing game day food or consuming game day food. I find the food to be a lot more fun.
Food like this King Ranch Chicken Dip, Outrageously God Hot Corn Dip, and these Sticky Stout Baked Chicken Wings make game day extra enjoyable They are munchies, however, so if a game day meal is what you are after then this BBQ Chicken Pizza Sub is perfect! This recipe is super easy and can be changed to suit your tastes. Rotisserie chicken (or use this Roasted Chicken Recipe) makes short work of this recipe. BBQ Chicken pizza can have a variety of toppings. I chose to use red onions, jack cheese, fresh jalapenos, and feta cheese. But pepperoncini peppers, Gouda, bacon, blue cheese or poblano peppers would all make excellent toppings! The only thing that you must keep the same is the BBQ Sauce! I used Stubb’s Original Bar-B-Q Sauce to coat my shredded chicken. The sauce is my FAVORITE! It is thick with lots of smoky, bold flavor. It adds a hint of spice which works so well with the creamy jack cheese and the tangy feta cheese! Keep a little sauce on the side; you may want to dip your pizza into it!
This pizza sub is the perfect tailgating recipe! This is fun football food and can be wrapped in foil and warmed up on the grill!
If you are going to be doing some tailgate grilling, keep these tips from Stubb’s grandson and BBQ expert, Rocky Stubblefield;
- Start with a clean grill – no brush required. Heat grill slightly and use balled-up aluminum foil to scrub your grates. Use tongs or gloves to protect your hands from the heat. No foil? Cut an onion in half and rub it across the warm grates to remove grease and dirt.
- If you’re a novice griller and want to add some flavor to whatever you’re grilling, start with an all-purpose rub like Stubb’s BBQ Spice Rub. It’s very versatile and lends great flavor with its simple mix of sea salt, paprika, pepper, and spice.
- Turn your grill into a smoker. Just wrap wood chips in foil and poke holes to create a mini smoker. This works well with proteins that cook quickly like chicken, pork chops, and steaks.
- No grill grate? You may think your barbecue is lost but if you’re willing to go to extreme lengths at your tailgate, cook your meat directly over the embers. Test your grilling skills by grilling steaks directly on the embers, or “caveman style,” giving your meat a smoke flavor you’ve never tasted before.
I’m proud to have partnered with Stubb’s Legendary Bar-B-Q to bring you this recipe!
- 1 baguette
- 1 32oz rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup Stubb's Original BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice baguette in half vertically and hollow out the center of each half. Arrange bread on a baking sheet.
Shred the rotisserie chicken and toss the chicken with the BBQ sauce, turning to coat. Place the chicken in the hollowed out portion of the bread. Top each half with onion slices and place 1/4 cup of cheese on each half. Place sliced jalapenos over the cheese and place the pizza in the oven for 20 minutes. The bread will be golden and cheese will be bubbly. Remove the pizza and top with crumbled feta and cilantro just before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 0mg Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Protein 0g