Welcome to Day #3 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
Skip the calories but not the flavor! These oven baked pickle chips are a fun and light appetizer!
Game day snacks that are flavorful AND figure friendly!
I love German Restaurants. I won’t lie, it’s mainly because of the oompah bands. Who can resist that polka beat? It’s always a party when the accordion is playing “roll out the barrel”.
You sit family style along long, dining hall tables and everyone is your friend. We raise our steins, stomp our feet as we belt out the chorus. It’s a rousing good time. Good beer, good music and good food.
While fried pickles are not necessarily cuisine, some of the best I’ve ever tasted come from a local German restaurant. They were tender on the inside and deep fried to perfection on the outside. My mouth is watering as I type! But, I don’t fry food. So if I wanted these pickle chips I had to find a baked version. And thankfully, I was able to do just that!
Doing it up for the Super Bowl? Having a party? You will want these baked pickle chips! They are easy, extremely delicious and the best part? They are light! Serve up a little ranch dressing on the side and get dipping!
I’m having my own party. It’s more of a German party. I have the pickles and the beer. I need some steins and maybe an accordion player. Any ideas where I can find one of those? Preferably one who plays “roll out the barrel”.
NEED MORE PARTY IDEAS?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 32 low sodium kosher dill pickle chips.
- Preheat oven to 400. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add panko and cook until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes-stirring continually.
- Place panko in a bowl. Place flour in a second bowl and egg whites in a third bowl. Pat pickle chips dry. Dip pickles in flour, then egg whites and lastly into the panko crumbs. Arrange pickles in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Recipe Adapted from Cooking Light
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I may be linking this up to these parties and to
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Blogs for more Snack Time Deliciousness:
- Meatball Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Gluten Free Onion Butter Pretzels by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Crawfish Dip by Call Me PMc
- Low-Carb Shrimp Guacamole by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Cooking in Stilettos
- Sun-dried Tomato Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sriracha Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Margherita Pizza Sticks by Makobi Scribe
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs by Flavor Mosaic
- Feta-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
- Ham and Sauerkraut Balls by From Gate to Plate
- Cheddar Cayenne Crackers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Pickle Chips by Lemons for Lulu
- Cheddar Cheese Olive Puffs by Life Off the Clock
- Manchego and Roasted Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Restaurant-Style Chipotle Salsa by Home Cooking Memories
- Mango Jalapeno Sausage Rolls by Food Done Light
- Ham & Cheese Mini Cracker Sandwiches by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Spicy Cheese Rounds by Try Anything Once Culinary
- by Cookerati
Today’s sponsor is Not So Simple Syrup. They can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your penchant for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas, non-alcoholic beverages and dessert making and baking too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. Not So Simple Syrup is providing us with a 6-month gift basket subscription for the winner. Each month you will get a gift package with a new theme and everything you need to whip up a favorite recipe from the Not So Simple Syrup crew. Everything but the booze will be included and shipped directly to your door. Like wine of the month, but with simple syrups. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Not So Simple Syrup. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***