These easy bars have all the flavors of key lime pie!
This simple bar recipe starts with a cake mix and ends with graham cracker crumbs and coconut!
Coconut Key lime pie bars are sure to be a new summer favorite!
I am a Muppet Show baby. I watched it faithfully when I was a kid. Truth is, there wasn’t much else on. My favorite characters were Beaker and the Swedish Chef. I had a soft spot for their unintelligible speech. I wasn’t into dialogue back then. What stands out for me most from those Muppet show days (other than John Denver) was the skit where Kermit the Frog has a stomach ache. Apparently if you mix lime and coconut and drink it all up-you get a terribly upset stomach. To this day, I love that song! I disagree, however, with the notion that one cannot combine coconut and lime. That’s simply NOT true.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE, SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL! here
- 1 18.5oz box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and coconut in a bowl, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, egg and melted butter. Press crust onto a 9x13 greased baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 minutes or until edges have browned.
- While crust is baking, combine egg yolks, condensed milk and key lime juice. Stir with a whisk until combined. Pour over crust. Sprinkle graham crackers and coconut over milk mixture. Return to oven and bake for about 20 -25 minutes or until topping has lightly browned and milk mixture has just begun to set.
- Cut into bars.
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I’m sharing this with ;