This strawberry cheesecake stuffed french toast is worthy of a special occasion but easy enough for every day! Fresh, ripe strawberries and cream cheese make the sweet filling for this gourmet breakfast. You may want to make extra filling, it’s good enough to eat with a spoon!
I have a birthday coming up. Usually, when a special occasion rolls around like a birthday or Mother’s day, my kids offer to make me breakfast and serve it in bed. This offer is genuine and incredibly kind, but I have yet to take them up on it.
For starters, I am not a breakfast eater, I never have been. All I need to start my day is 2-3 cups of coffee and a protein bar.
I like breakfast food, but I’d rather eat it later in the day. Surely, I’m not the only one who feels this way?
My other problem with breakfast in bed is staying in my bed long enough to have breakfast delivered. I am the kind of person who feels the need to jump out of bed once I am awake, I get too antsy to linger in my bed.
In fact, sitting in my bed for too long is almost uncomfortable. I know, I am weird. I wish I were different, I really do.
If the family were to offer up stuffed French toast for my birthday, I would hop out of bed (grab my 2 cups of coffee) and happily feast on this AT THE TABLE. This recipe is so good, it is a real treat! The good news is it is insanely easy; anyone can make it and it’s good for any occasion!
What Is Stuffed French Toast?
Stuffed French toast is two bread slices that are held together by some sort of filling. The “sandwiched” bread slices are dipped in an egg mixture then grilled up until golden brown.
The bread and the fillings can vary, but the method is always the same.
How Do You Make Stuffed French Toast
For this recipe stuffed French toast recipe, I used a loaf of French bread. Slice the loaf into 12 slices (each about 2-inches thick. Make a cut into each slice, you want to split the slice without cutting all the way through. This will make a little “pocket” for the filling.
To make the “cheesecake” filling, combine softened cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Divide the filling between the slices of bread. Stuff fresh strawberries into each pocket along with the filling.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
Heat a griddle over medium heat, melt butter and swirl to coat.
Dip one filled slice of bread or sandwich into the egg mixture, coating completely. Cook each slice until golden brown (turning once). Remove, and keep warm. Repeat with remaining slices.
The cream cheese stuffed french toast can be served with maple syrup, whipped cream or with powdered sugar.
Other Ways To Make Stuffed French Toast
- Stuffed French Toast with Nutella and Strawberries
- Stuffed French Toast with Mascarpone Cheese
- Stuffed French Toast with Lemon Curd
- Stuffed Cheesecake French Toast with blueberries, raspberries, peaches, apples or bananas.
- Strawberry Jam can be used in place of fresh strawberries
- Texas Toast and croissants can be used in place of the French Bread
- Lemon Zest can be added to the batter for a fresh, citrus flavor.
More French Toast Recipes:
Connect with Lemons for Lulu!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #lemonsforlulu! I would love to see your talents!
I have a group dedicated to food and you! Check out my group page on join in on the fun! This is where you can ask questions, share recipes, connect with others and see more of Lemons for Lulu. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Cut French bread into 12 about 2 inches thick. Cut each slice half way (do not cut straight through) forming a little pocket.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Spray a grill pan and heat over medium heat. Fill each of French bread pocket with a ½ tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and 2-3 slices of strawberry. Dunk toast in egg mixture and place on hot grill pan. Brown for 2-4 minutes. Turn and brown second side. Remove and keep warm. Continue with remaining bread slices, cream cheese and strawberries.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slices
Amount Per Serving Calories 236 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 100mg Sodium 347mg Carbohydrates 27g Fiber 1g Sugar 5g Protein 10g