What would make you morning special? This Cuban style stuffed croissant French toast recipe!
Each flaky croissant is filled with strawberry pie filling then cooked until golden brown!
I totally forgot about Valentine’s Day! Ok, I suppose I didn’t forget. I made these Double Chocolate Cookies with Cherries with Valentine’s Day in mind, and I did the same with this Red Velvet Malt Recipe and these Red Velvet Cheesecake Pretzels. But what you may not know is, I made all these of recipes over a month ago.
Two days ago my youngest asks me, “mom, I know what we do on Christmas and I know what we do on Halloween, but what DO we do on Valentine’s Day.” That’s when I realized that because I made all my Valentine’s recipes ages ago, I had foolishly assumed the whole holiday had already passed me by. And this my friends is the downside to blogging.
This realization had me running to the store to buy Valentine’s for my daughter to pass out, my annual box of chocolates for the kids, a card for my husband and the ingredients to treat the family to a big, sweet, very special breakfast!
This french toast recipe starts with large, puffy croissants. You’ll have to use a knife to create a little “pocket” in each croissant. This pocket is very important; it’s going to be filled with a generous spoonful of Lucky Leaf® Strawberry Pie Filling. Each filled croissant is then dipped in a sweetened egg mixture, then grilled until golden brown. To make this croissant French toast Cuban style drizzled creamy sweetened condensed milk over the top. This stuffed croissant French toast recipe is truly decadent, with all the butter croissants and the luscious strawberry filling. These croissants could easily be served for dessert!
This delightful breakfast will certainly make up for my forgetfulness and lack of planning. Once my families mouths’ are filled with croissants and strawberries, they will look at me and know they are loved!
- 10 large croissants
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Make a slice in each croissant taking care not to cut all the way through, set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon and evaporated milk.
- Place a tablespoon of strawberry pie filling in each croissant.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray. Dip each croissant in egg mixture, taking care to soak up as much egg mixture as possible.
- Place croissants on hot grill pan, cook each side 2-3 minutes or until cooked golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with remaining croissants.
- Drizzle warm croissants with sweetened condensed milk if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 567 Total Fat 25g Saturated Fat 14g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 133mg Sodium 463mg Carbohydrates 73g Fiber 2g Sugar 48g Protein 15g
Disclosure: I received compensation from Lucky Leaf for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own. For more Lucky Leaf recipes, click here