This Coconut Blueberry French Toast will make your brunch a breeze!
Prep your french toast the night before and simply bake and eat when you are ready!
Easter sneaks up on me every year. Perhaps it has to do with the never-ending winter that plagues Ohio. I spend my early spring leisurely preparing for Easter by baking with Peeps but by Good Friday I find myself making a late night run to Target to buy picked over bags of jelly beans, dented Cadbury Eggs and stuffed animal rejects.
Then my work really begins. Not only do I have to arrange the Easter baskets for the kids but I have to come up with scavenger hunt clues. Oh yes, it’s not as simple as hiding eggs. Our “bunny” leaves cleverly rhyming clues that lead the kids on a whirlwind of a basket hunt. It takes me a good hour to come up with these cunning little clues and it takes them all of ten minutes to find their baskets.
The kids are sliding into a sugar coma while I rummage through the refrigerator hoping an idea will surface as to what we will eat for breakfast! It is Easter after all, we should have something fancy right? Cereal just won’t do! Lucky for me, I always have International Delight Coffee Creamer. If I have coffee creamer, than I’m halfway to something delicious.
My favorite International Delight Flavor is Almond Joy. I could drink the stuff! Since that’s not exactly acceptable, I bake with it instead. I’ve made donuts and now I’ve made french toast! Ah, but not ordinary french toast. This toast has lots of plump, fresh blueberries, sweet coconut and of course, coconut coffee creamer. This is so simple to make. Throw everything together the night before, then bake it up in the morning!
While the kids are stuffing their faces with jelly beans, you (and the Easter Bunny) can just sit back with your coffee, eat this sinfully delicious baked coconut french toast and enjoy yourself!
Want more Easter ideas? Check out International Delight’s Easter Inspiration Board!
CRAZY FOR COCONUT
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Coconut Blueberry French Toast
- Coconut Blueberry French Toast
- 12 slices of French bread
- 12 oz egg product, such as Egg beaters
- 1 1/4 cup International Delight Almond Joy Coffee Creamer
- 1/4 cup Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons International Delight Coffee Creamer (optional)
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Arrange French bread in casserole dish, overlapping slices as neccessary. In a bowl, combine egg product, coffee creamer, milk, extract and sugar. Whisk and pour over bread slices. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Let casserole stand for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, combine coconut and brown sugar. Sprinkle over French toast. Drizzle melted butter over french toast. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden. If desired, combine powdered sugar and coffee creamer and drizzle over each serving of French toast.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.