Sriracha and chicken are mixed together then baked into Pillsbury Grands biscuit for a bite sized bundle that packs a punch!
According to the latest statistics, salsa has surpassed ketchup as the all time favorite condiment. I do love salsa, but I don’t quite view it as a condiment, I see it as guacamole’s side-kick when I’m craving chips. My personal favorite condiment is Sriracha.
This pungent sauce made from red chilies is present at just about every meal. I put it on my pizza, my pasta, in my soup, on my burgers, Thai food, Mexican food….EVERTYHING! It’s a matter of time before I find a way to bake it into something sweet. I’ve done it with wasabi, I can surely do it with Sriracha!
I fear me and my taste buds have become somewhat addicted to the rooster labeled bottle of fiery red liquid. The more I use it, the more I try to find food to use it on! I constantly need more.
During one of my desperate “I-need-Sriracha-now” moments I decided to combine Sriracha with rotisserie chicken and stuff it into biscuits! To temper the heat for my family, I also added Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese. My taste buds went haywire after biting into these soft, buttery biscuits! The combination of the cool, creamy cheese and piquant chicken was almost too much! I said almost….I may have eaten three bundles when they came out of the oven….and I may have dipped them in a bowl of Sriracha I had on the side….
And they say salsa is the number one condiment, whatever. Who conducts those survey’s anyway?
THE SPICE OF LIFE
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Sriracha Chicken Bundles #AppetizerWeek and a #Savorx Giveaway!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits 16.3 oz-8 count
- 1 small Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the shredded chicken and the Sriracha sauce, adding more or less sauce as desired. In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and jack cheese.
- Remove biscuits from cans. Spread each biscuit into rounds. Mound a tablespoon full of cheese mixture followed by 2 tablespoons full of chicken mixture. Bundle up biscuit edges and pinch dough together. Roll dough in a ball in your hands and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush tops of each bundle with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with extra Sriracha or with Ranch dressing.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 4581kcal Calories from fat 2739|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 304g||468%|
|Saturated Fat 127g||635%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|