These simple deviled eggs are tasty little bites! Broccoli and carrots along with a little ranch seasoning make these eggs delicious appetizers or a fun little side dish!
These simple deviled eggs are inspired by one of my favorite appetizers; the crescent roll veggie pizza. I just don’t think a party can be a party without a veggie pizza, just like a birthday party cannot exist without a birthday cake. While I love eating a veggie pizza, it’s not the first food that comes to mind when I’m tasked with bringing an appetizer. The same holds true for deviled eggs.
I love deviled eggs, but outside of Easter, I never think about making them. I don’t know why, every time they are served, they are the first to go. And while Easter is the time for eggs, deviled eggs can truly be eaten any time of year.
The best thing about deviled eggs is you can fill them with anything you like. You can be traditional and keep the filling to just the egg yolk, mayo, mustard and bright flecks of paprika. Or you can be bold and fill them with things like jalapenos or buffalo shrimp.
Simple Deviled Eggs for Everyday
Deviled eggs can go anywhere, and they are multipurpose. They can be an appetizer OR a side dish. Oh my gosh, why am I not making these more often? Especially these simple deviled eggs with all their garden veggie flavor! For this recipe, I took the yolks from my hard boiled eggs, combined them with mayo, sour cream, ranch seasoning and finely chopped carrots, peppers, and broccoli. Seriously, these are so easy and so good. As with most of my recipes, you have to adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes. Add more ranch seasoning or fewer vegetables. Taste as you go and adjust all the ingredients accordingly. The simple deviled eggs are addictive; you will be serving them all the time!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped carrots
- 3/4 teaspoons ranch seasoning
- Cut each hard-boiled egg vertically. Remove yolk from each egg and place yolk in a separate bowl.
- To the yolks add mayo, sour cream, red pepper, broccoli, carrots and ranch seasoning. Stir until well blended. Place filling in a large zip top bag and snip a corner of the bag. Carefully and slowly pipe filling into the cavity of each egg.
- Garnish eggs with chopped parsley if desired. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 69Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 96mgSodium 73mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 3g