Crackers will beg for this cheese ball! The creamy roasted garlic and the nutty Asiago cheese make this appetizer unforgettable!
I’m proud to have partnered with the American Dairy Association Mideast to bring you this original recipe and to bring awareness to the Great American Milk Drive.
I don’t know why, but cheese balls remind me of the 70’s. I vividly remember my mom hosting lots of holiday parties that featured thumbprint cookies with the red and green jelly, sherbert punch, Jello molds and cheese balls. I always left the cookies alone, but I devoured everything else, especially the cheese ball.
I would take one bite of Jello, a bite of cheese ball, and then wash them both down with a sip of punch. Then I’d go round again; Jello, cheese, punch. This would go on and on until my mom would yell at me to leave some food for the guests! But I didn’t want to leave food for the guests. I wanted to eat it all. I wanted to shove that cheese ball in my face and call it a day. Well, guess what? Now that I’m having my own holiday parties, I’m going to be stuffing my face with this simple roasted garlic cheese ball and no one can stop me.
If you’ve never roasted garlic, you are in for a treat! Roasted garlic made this pasta extra flavorful; I knew it would elevate this cheese ball into something special. Roasted garlic is so easy to prepare, all you need is a little time. When it is ready, the garlic turns golden in color and becomes so creamy, you could spread it with a knife. Place your garlic, Greek yogurt, soft cream cheese and Asiago into a food processor and blend everything until smooth. Wrap your cheese and let chill, roll it in parsley and nuts and then wrestle with your self-control! The reason cheese balls have been around for a long time is because they are darn GOOD!!
- 2 whole heads of garlic
- oiive oil
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- To prepare garlic start by preheating oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of both heads of garlic and peel away the loose skin from the garlic. Place garlic heads in a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap foil around garlic and place on a baking sheet. Roast garlic in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the garlic is very fragrant, golden and soft. Remove the garlic and let it cool.
- Once the garlic has cooled, squeeze the cloves in a food processor. Add cream cheese, yogurt and Asiago cheese the food processor and mix until creamy and combined.
- Remove cheese mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap, cover and form into a ball. Refrigerate cheese for 30 minutes.
- Combine pecans and parsley in a shallow bowl. Roll cheese in the nut mixture and cover until ready to serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 19mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 4g
Today is “Giving Tuesday”. Tha American Dairy Association Mideast wants to give away gallons of milk as part of the Great American Milk Drive. Between Dec. 2 and Dec. 11, the ADA Mideast will donate 25 cents, the average cost of 1 glass of milk, to the Great American Milk Drive for every “like,” comment or share that each of the 10 recipes from participating blogger receives. You can see each of these recipes on the ADA Mideast Facebook page. Then join us on December 8th for a Twitter party where $1 will be donated on behalf of each guest that participates.
Won’t you help give gallons of milk during this holiday season? Share, comment, like, tweet and eat lots of cheese balls!
More #GiveGallons Recipes:
Beef Wellington Macaroni and Cheese, by Climbing Grier Mountain
Frozen Whipped Cream Topping, by Shugary Sweets
Cranberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake, by Well-Plated
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake, by In Katrina’s Kitchen
Party Pudding Parfaits, by Eat2Gather
Roasted Garlic Asiago Cheese Ball, by Lemons for Lulu
Avocado Mint Gluten Free Cheesecake with Brownie Bottom, by Food Faith Fitness
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie, by Inside BruCrew Life
Easy Irish Cream Chocolate Fondue, by Wanna Be a Country Cleaver
Gingerbread Milkshake, by Love Grows Wild