You know the story where the shoemaker has little elves make his shoes for him while he sleeps? Well I sort of wish I had those elves.
Each year for the holidays, I set out to make gifts for my husband to deliver to his customers. While I certainly enjoy baking, it’s a bit daunting knowing that I have to make 1200 mini cupcakes. See, this is where my 24 pounds of butter comes in handy!!
Last weekend, I finished 400. Only a mere 800 to go! I’m not a neat baker, there was powdered sugar EVERYWHERE!! I smelled like a cupcake and I had buttercream caked in my hair. But it was worth it. Happy customers make a happy husband!
This little cupcake is what will be delivered this year. I love these coffee infused devils food cupcakes. Very moist and flavorful! The mocha flavor is not overwhelming and is a great compliment for the very minty frosting. I used quite a bit of peppermint extract in the buttercream! These peppermint mocha cupcakes are very festive cupcakes! I like making mini cupcakes. I find people enjoy bite sized treats they can nibble on as opposed to a full size cupcake. Less commitment, less guilt! Peppermint mocha cupcakes would make an excellent addition to your holiday cookie tray!
You might enjoy these too:
Spumoni Cupcakes Lemons for Lulu
Cherry Coke Cupcakes Lemons for Lulu
Mocha Mocha Cupcake Java Cupcake
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
A rich chocolate cupcake infused with coffee and topped with a peppermint buttercream.
- 1 18.25lb box Devils food cake
- 1 5.9 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 t instant espresso granules
- For the buttercream
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 3 t mint extract
- 1/2 cup water (or milk)
- red gel food coloring
- For the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350. LIne mini muffin tins with paper liners, set aside. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, water, vanilla. Mix until blended. Slowly pour in coffee and instant coffee. Using a small cookie scoop, fill each cup about 3/4 full. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Let stand one minute before removing to a cooling rack.
- For buttercream:
- Cream butter and shortening until creamy. Slowly add in powdered sugar one cup at a time until blended. Add salt and extracts. Add water in intervals. I add water as frosting gets stiff. Continue to mix until frosting is piping consistency. Add gel food coloring until you get the desired shade of red.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 290kcal Calories from fat 168|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I’ll be linking this up to these fabulous parties as well as to: Jam Hands
The DIY Dreamer and