Nothing makes the holidays quite like a Christmas Punch!
This crowd-pleasing, frozen cocktail is going to make everything merry!
What Is Christmas Punch?
Christmas punch is festive and fun. It is a collection of juices, sodas, and or spirits that celebrates the season.
The punch is usually made with some sort of red juice or red fruit to lend it a holiday appearance.
Ingredients Needed For Christmas Punch
Orange Juice Concentrate – I used the store brand for this recipe. You don’t have to spend the extra money on branded juice since it won’t be an outstanding flavor.
Lemon Juice– I used jarred lemon juice. If you want to expend then energy to squeeze fresh lemons, then by all means. Fresh is always better, however, it isn’t always necessary.
Pineapple Juice – Grab that good hold canned variety. It’s delicious and just sweet enough.
Bourbon -There are so many varieties of bourbon, it can be overwhelming. I say choose what you know, love and already own. If you are new to bourbon then choose something that is in your price range.
Grenadine – Grenadine is a syrup made from pomegranates. It is tart and sweet and has a vibrant red color. It can be found at almost any supermarket.
How To Make Christmas Punch
This Christmas punch is colorful, flavorful and totally festive! This recipe uses fruit juices (lemon juice, orange juice, and pineapple juice), bourbon, and grenadine.
The grenadine keeps it sweet and gives the punch that cheery red color.
The best way to keep this punch frozen is by using frozen orange concentrate, in its frozen state. I did this with my Peach Bourbon Slush Punch and it worked beautifully!
With this Whiskey Sour Party Punch, I made frozen juice ice cubes to keep the punch cool.
I combined frozen orange juice concentrate, water, pineapple juice, lemon juice, bourbon, and grenadine in a large ziptop bag. Keep the bag in the freezer until you are ready to serve it up.
The punch will not freeze completely, it will have a slushie sort of consistency.
Garnish your punch with pomegranate seeds, sliced citrus, or even fresh cranberries!
This easy Christmas punch can easily be doubled or tripled to yield a big batch! This punch recipe is super simple and tastes amazing for holiday parties and Christma parties!
Substitutions For Christmas Punch
- The deep, smoky, woodsy flavor of bourbon works really well with the fruit flavors of this punch. But if bourbon isn’t your favorite, vodka and rum (either regular or spiced) would be great! You could also add sparkling wine for a little effervescence.
- If you would like to keep this non-alcoholic, you could use lemon-lime soda, seltzer water, or ginger ale.
- You can use almost any juice in this recipe, the pineapple juice, orange juice along with with the grenadine work well together, but cherry juice, apple cider, cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, and mango juice are all fabulous substitutions!
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to accommodate your guests. Garnish your punch with fresh orange slices, lemon slices, and maraschino cherries!
More Holiday Cocktails
- 1 frozen container orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cups bourbon
- ½ cup grenadine
- In a large zip top bag, combine the frozen concentrate, water, lemon juice, pineapple juice, bourbon and grenadine.
- Place the bag in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Pour contents into a pitcher before serving. Punch with not be completely frozen.
- Garnish with lemon slices orange slices and cherries if desired.