This Death By Chocolate, Chocolate Bundt Cake is for true chocolate lovers! This bundt cake is decadent, rich and has totally sinful chocolate flavor!
If you need to impress someone, serve up this cake. It will make any moment memorable!
The term “death by chocolate” has been around forever, yet this is only the first time I have made or eaten any dessert by that name. (not to be the last, however).
The one thing I am going to say about this dessert is you MUST LOVE CHOCOLATE. I mean it. If you aren’t that crazy about chocolate (gasp) or are one of those people who can take it or leave it, then this dessert is not for you.
What Is Death By Chocolate?
Death by chocolate is just an imaginative way to describe a dessert that is overloaded with chocolate. And this cake is chocolate from top to bottom!
What Do I Need To Make This Death By Chocolate Bundt Cake?
Flour – All-purpose flour
Baking Powder and Salt
Butter – Softened and I always use unsalted
Chocolate Chips – These will be stirred into the cake AND for the ganache topping
Chopped Chocolate Candies
How To Make Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until soft and creamy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Combine the buttermilk and the vanilla.
- Add the flour alternatively with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the buttermilk until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips,
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan on a baking rack for 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and allow the cake to cool completely.
How To Make Chocolate Bundt Cake Glaze
- For the ganache, heat the heavy milk in a saucepan until small bubbles appear around the edges. Pour cream over the remaining chocolate chips and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth. Refrigerate the chocolate ganache until it thickens.
- Drizzle ganache over the cake.
- Once the ganache has set, garnish the cake with chopped chocolate candies.
How To Decorate Death By Chocolate Bundt Cake
You can use almost any kind of chocolate candies that you like. I used chocolate chips, chopped dark chocolate squares, and milk chocolate caramel pieces.
Chocolate bark, chocolate sprinkles, cookies, or other chocolate can be used to decorate your cake.
More Chocolate Cake Ideas:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- chopped chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray and set aside,
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the buttermilk and the vanilla, set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour alternatively with the buttermilk beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until bubbles begin to form around the edges
- Pour the cream over the remaining chocolate chips and allow it to sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk the chocolate ganache until smooth. Refrigerate until thick.
- Pour ganache over the cake. Allow the ganache to set for 20 minutes. Press candy pieces onto the ganache. Refrigerate the cake until set.