Don’t feel like messing with yeast? This cheesy no yeast beer bread is for you!
Bacon and chipotle cheddar add amazing flavor to this easy bread!
If you’re looking for a simple and easy quick bread recipe featuring the best comforting flavors in every slice then this beer cheese bread recipe is for you. Packed with so much great taste in every loaf this is a perfect recipe to serve up with friends and family.
It’s no secret that we like to cook with alcohol around here, especially in deserrts like my Baileys Salted Caramel Fudgy Brownies or Oreo Pudding Shots, but this recipe is different from the rest because it’s bread! Glorious carb filled bread that is filled with cheesy goodness, cooked bacon, and garlic butter. This beer bread is outrageously simple and involves only a handful of ingredients. With this easy beer bread recipe, all of your woes will soon be forgotten.
What is Beer Bread?
Beer bread is a simple and easy quick bread recipe that features beer as an added ingredient. the carbonation in the beer will help to tenderize the glutens and relax the dough as it bakes into a perfectly light loaf of heaven. Cooking the alcohol out but leaving it’s great taste behind this bread is versatile and delicious.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Shredded chipotle cheddar cheese
- Bottled beer
- Cooked bacon
- Melted butter
- Garlic powder
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease the inside of a bread pan well. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the bread and add in the beer, bacon bits, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Stir well until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread loaf pan and then drizzle the top with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and the garlic powder.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and then remove. Sprinkle the remaining bacon and cheese over the top and then drizzle with the remaining butter.
- return the bread to the oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until the bread is completely browned. Keep an eye on the bread to make sure that the cheese does not burn.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
You can use any beer of choice for this bread recipe. Personally I like lager and had that on hand so that is what I went with. while flavored beers may not work as well with the flavor combinations you still have a wide range of plain flavored beers to choose from. If you elect a beer that you already enjoy then you are more likely to enjoy this bread recipe as well.
If desired you can arrange some sliced jalapenos on top of the bread for an added kick of flavor that would work well with this bread.
When removing the bread form the oven to top with the remaining bacon and cheese make sure to work quickly as the longer the bread remains out of the oven, the more it will deflate and become dense.
If you notice your bread turning too dark in color as it bakes, loosely place a piece of foil over the top to help keep it from browning further.
How long is beer cheese bread good for?
This bread can be kept stored in an airtight container or Ziploc baggie on the counter for up to 5 days. I recommend eating it within 2 days for the best results as the bread will dry out as it ages.
What to serve with beer bread
This bread can be served alongside any dinner to complete the meal. It can even be just served as a snack with a spread of butter. the choice is your but I think that it goes great with soup. Serve this bread with homemade Minestrone Soup or a nice Roasted Tomato Soup for the perfect meal!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded chipotle cheddar cheese (I used Cabot)
- 1 12 oz bottle beer (I used a lager)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease bread pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir with a whisk to combine ingredients. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients. Add beer, half the bacon and about 1 cup of cheese. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and the garlic powder. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven sprinkle remaining bacon, remaining cheese and drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until browned, keep an eye on the bread, so the cheese does not burn. Remove and allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 262Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 31mgSodium 546mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 10g