Almond Crusted Baked Ravioli is a perfect appetizer or game day snack.
Cheese filled baked ravioli with an almond crust and simple white ranch bbq sauce!
You are going to love this baked ravioli appetizer recipe! It’s such a wonderful blend of cheesy, crunchy, and slightly healthier than their fried counterparts because we bake them instead of using greasy oil. Perfect for a slightly less messy and less hassle snack. This ravioli appetizer works great as game day grub and is always gone in a flash. Thankfully they’re easy to make so you can whip up more when needed!
Oven Fried Ravioli
Fried foods are a guilty pleasure, but after trying these breaded and baked ravioli, I’m convinced that baked is always the way to go! I coated these cheese filled ravioli with ground smokehouse flavored almonds and bread crumbs. I baked them in the oven for a mere 15 minutes and served them up with a super easy white ranch bbq sauce! The flavor is outstanding and knowing these baked ravioli are leaner versions of their fried cousins is a great way to convince everyone to eat a few more.
- Frozen cheese-filled ravioli
- Smokehouse flavored almonds, ground
- Bread crumbs
- Egg whites
For the BBQ sauce, you will need:
- Greek yogurt
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic cloves
- Ranch seasoning
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Almond Crusted Baked Ravioli
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and then set it aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites and water.
- In another bowl, stir together the ground almonds and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each ravioli into the egg white mixture and then allow some of the excess liquid to drip back into the bowl.
- Dredge the ravioli into the almond mixture and place it onto the baking sheet. Continue until all have been coated and placed on the sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until the breading is golden in color.
- Meanwhile, combine the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve immediately when fresh and warm from the oven.
Are frozen ravioli raw or already cooked?
They are raw. If you don’t have the option to buy ravioli from the freezer section of your grocery store, look for a fresher version. Some stores carry fresh ravioli near the fresh tortellini in the cheese or deli section. We want our frozen ravioli to be thawed before use so it’s perfectly fine to use room temp or slightly chilled ravioli for this recipe.
When was fried ravioli invented?
Believe it or not, fried ravioli has existed since the 1950s. Thanks to a chef in St Louis Missouri back in the 1950’s we get to enjoy the taste of toasted and crisp ravioli. Expect now we can enjoy it in our oven and without the hot oil splashing in the kitchen.
How long is baked ravioli appetizer good for?
This dish is best served and eaten right after being made. To store it for a few days in an airtight container in the fridge is fine but it will not be as crisp and delicious as it was when freshly made. For best tasting results, enjoy this easy toasted ravioli when it’s hot and ready.
Watch How To Make Baked Ravioli:
For more delicious appetizer recipes check out these tasty suggestions:
- The Best 40 Finger Foods for Any Occasion
- Goat Cheese Appetizer: Goat Cheese & Honey Bruschetta
- Nacho Fries & Easy Appetizer Or Dinner
- 50 Easy Appetizer Recipes for Any Meal
- Fig and Walnut Baked Brie Appetizer
- Fillo Wrapped Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 22oz bag frozen cheese filled ravioli, thawed
- 1 cup smokehouse flavored almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- Preheat you oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg whites and the water.
- In a second bowl, stir together ground almonds and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each ravioli in the egg white mixture, allowing excess drip back into the bowl and then dredge ravioli in the almond mixture and place on the baking sheet. Continue this process until all the ravioli are breaded.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake the ravioli for 13-15 minutes or just until the breading is golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the bbq sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- The ravioli are best when consumed immediately upon serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 174Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 24mgSodium 280mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 7g