Cheese filled baked ravioli with an almond crust and simple white ranch bbq sauce!
There are bathroom hand dryers and then there are bathroom hand dryers. Lots of pit stops during our family car ride over the Thanksgiving holiday makes me feel sort of like an expert in this area. I know my hand dryers.
The hand dryers I hate are those mousey ones that put out about as much air as a flat tire. You think because you hear some noise, that air must be blowing when in actuality it’s just making noise. Man, I hate those because your hands never get dry. I hate having wet bathroom hands, it makes me feel icky.
I like the blowers that sound like a jet engine taking off. Stick your hands in the slots and water instantly disappears. I like those, they make me warm. And no wet bathroom hands. I like those dryers until I notice that the industrial blast of hot air makes my skin ripple.
I look at my skin on my hands literally flapping in the breeze and I start to imagine how the skin on other body parts would move around. Once that image gets in your hand, there’s no getting rid of it. That’s when I think to myself that I should probably exercise more, you know, firm everything up the best I can.
I could probably eat better too, eat more kale, eat more whole grains, and stay away from fried food. One of my guilty pleasures is fried ravioli, but after trying these breaded and baked ravioli, I’m convinced that baked is always the way to go! I coated these cheese filled ravioli with ground Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds and bread crumbs. I baked them in the oven for a mere 15 minutes and served them up with a super easy white ranch bbq sauce! The flavor is outstanding and knowing these baked ravioli are leaner versions of their fried cousins make me one happy lady!
These baked ravioli are great game day grub, I’m sure they will be gone in no time!
I learned two valuable lessons over the past week. 1. baked food is good food and 2. mousy hand dryers have some redeeming qualities after all.
Almond Crusted Baked Ravioli
Almond crusted baked ravioli are served with a simple white ranch bbq sauce!
- 1 22oz bag frozen cheese filled ravioli, thawed
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- Preheat you oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg whites and the water.
- In a second bowl, stir together ground almonds and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each ravioli in the egg white mixture, allowing excess drip back into the bowl and then dredge ravioli in the almond mixture and place on the baking sheet. Continue this process until all the ravioli are breaded.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake the ravioli for 13-15 minutes or just until the breading is golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the bbq sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- The ravioli are best when consumed immediately upon serving
Want more from Blue Diamond?
Connect with them!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Time to sample Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemons for Lulu possible!