Thick and rich chocolate brownies made with a hint of Irish Cream and espresso powder. But it doesn’t stop there! These brownies are then topped with
a decadent Irish Cream frosting. A dessert to satisfy your sweet cravings!
I had the best post to share with you. It was quite charming and would have hooked you with the very first line. You would have been leaning forward, fervently reading; anxious to find out how it was all going to end.
You probably would’ve bitten a few nails right to the quick. That’s how utterly suspenseful this post was going to be. Tears would have been shed no doubt. But they would’ve been both tears of sorrow and tears of joy.
You probably would’ve bookmarked this post to reread after you composed yourself. At which point you probably would’ve emailed it to all your friends so they too could be enthralled. Yes, it would have been an epic post.
Want to know what happened to THAT post? Me too. It disappeared far into the recesses of my mind. I had it written word for word in my head last night. One minute I was chuckling at my own wit, the next thing I knew I was dreaming. When I awoke, everything was gone. Not only had I forgotten the words, but I forgot the topic. A tragic turn to say the least.
I wish I could say I’d been drinking the night before as a feeble explanation as to why my memory failed me! But I have no such excuses. I have learned one valuable lesson. Always go to bed with a pen and paper!
Since I have no prose to speak of, I should probably spend the rest of the time talking about these brownies! These are one of my most favorite brownies-especially if you are an Irish Cream lover like myself! The brownies are very rich with just a hint of espresso and healthy dose of Irish cream. The frosting is thick and sweet! You could leave it off if you must, but I don’t recommend it. It is sinfully delicious. It is a nice contrast to the bittersweet chocolate brownie.
SOMEONE SAY BROWNIE?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 1 ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoon Irish Cream
- 4 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 in. pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar and return to microwave for a minute or until mixture is glossy. Stir in Irish Cream.
- Stir in cocoa, salt, baking powder, vanilla and coffee. Stir in eggs until blended. Carefully add flour and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 28 minutes or until edges are set. Let brownies cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare the frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric mixture, beat butter until creamy. Carefully mix in powdered sugar. Add Irish cream and heavy cream, adjusting the amount until you achieve a good spreading consistency.
- Makes 24 bars.