Cashewmilk adds an unexpected flavor to this easy chicken curry recipe!
Thank you to Almond Breeze Almond Milk for sponsoring this post and allowing me to bring you this original recipe!
This chicken curry recipe reminds me of my first time dining on Indian food. I was in college and on a date with my boyfriend. We were celebrating some silly anniversary and settled upon a semi-formal Indian restaurant. Neither of us knew a thing about Indian food, so ordering was a challenge. The only way for me to decided upon a menu item was to look for the spiciest option.
Since I am a spice addict, I ordered a very spicy Vindaloo. When my meal was brought it to me, the waiter hung back to watch me take a bite. I must have given him quite the look because he quickly jumped to explain that he had never seen a girl eat anything this spicy. At that point, my ego got the best of me and despite the billowing steam coming from my ears, my flared nostrils and my watery eyes, I ate every last bite. I haven’t touched Vindaloo since.
This easy chicken curry recipe is nothing like that fiery Vindaloo! It has quite a mild (although you can add heat if you’d like), creamy and delicate flavorful. Bite sized chicken pieces get marinated with cashews, yogurt, tomato paste, and seasoning, then cooked until lightly browned. Broth and Almond Breeze® Almondmilk Cashewmilk is stirred in with the chicken. The cashew milk makes this dish creamy and nutty but remains light and subtle. Top your curry with cilantro and cashews and dig in! A quick and easy chicken curry recipe for any cook on any night of the week!
A blend of flavors come together to make this flavorful and easy chicken curry!
1 hr, 5 Prep Time
15 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken,cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 plain Greek yogurt
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond BreezeÂ® Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- To prepare the marinade, combine cashews, yogurt, tomato paste, salt, coriander, paprika, cumin, ginger, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. Mix until smooth and combined. Coat chicken pieces with yogurt mixture; cover and marinade for at least an hour.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook just until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add marinaded chicken and sprinkle with cinnamon, stir. Allow chicken pieces to cook for 5 -7 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and cashewmilk blend. Cook mixture another 2-3 minutes or until sauce comes together and thickens slightly.
- Serve curry over rice. Top with cilantro and cashews if desired.
What would you do with Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend?
Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com