Good things come in small packages!
These Mini Taco Tortilla Cups are packed full of black beans, veggies, and a taco flavored cream cheese!
These mini bites make an easy meal or a fun appetizer!
These taco appetizer cups work well as a simple and easy lunch if finger foods and veggies are your thing. They’re so simple and easy to make, making them perfect for any occasion (even if that occasion is simply using up what you have on hand). This recipe for taco cups is very versatile and simple so it’s not hard to customize it to your own tastebuds or switch it up based on what you may already have at home.
Mini tortilla taco cups
Tortilla’s packages seem to accumulate in our refrigerator so I cut a few up and nestled them neatly into muffin tin cups. I mixed a little cream cheese with taco seasoning, threw in lots of veggies and drizzled these mini taco tortilla cups with a little ranch dressing. They are irresistible. I’ve always been a sucker for mini foods. These mini tortilla cups are the perfect self contained, grab and go little lunches.
- Cream cheese
- Taco seasoning
- Greek yogurt
- Black beans
- Yellow pepper
- Orange pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Ranch dressing
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Mini Taco Tortilla Cups
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray the inside of a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice each tortilla into quarters and then again in half.
- Line each muffin tin with three tortilla triangles, overlapping as necessary.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool in the pan for 2 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, taco seasoning, and greek yogurt until blended.
- In another bowl, combine the vegetables.
- Place a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the taco cups and then top with the vegetables.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can I add meat?
Yes, absolutely! If desired, you can mix in some cooked ground beef with the cream cheese and taco seasoning mixture for these mini taco cups. Even just a 1/2 pound of ground beef should be more than plenty. You can use ground turkey, ground beef, ground chicken, or another taco meat (even leftover seasoned taco meat).
Can I make this recipe gluten free?
Yes, you can easily use corn tortillas or gluten free tortillas to make this recipe gluten free. Double check ingredient labels to make sure that the tortillas and taco seasoning don’t have cross contamination warnings, especially if you’re avoiding gluten due to an allergy.
Can I make these in advance?
You can make the individual parts to this dish in advance but I do not recommend assembling them until closer to serving time so that the taco shells don’t become soggy or too soft. You can mix together the cream cheese filling and have it in a container in advance so that assembly is even easier. If desired you can keep the cream cheese filling in a Ziploc bag and when filling the taco cups just snip off the corner of the bag and pipe it in for easier mess-free filling.
Check out these other incredible taco recipes
- Fish Tacos with Catfish
- Taco Casserole Recipe
- Dry Rub Cauliflower Tacos
- BBQ Beef Walking Tacos
- Salmon Tacos with Jalapeno Cream
- Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- Mini Taco Hand Pies
- 5 10 in tortillas quartered
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced orange pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Cut each tortilla quarter in half. Line each muffin tin with three tortilla triangles, overlapping as necessary. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pan for 2 minutes before removing to a rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, taco seasoning and Greek yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, combine vegetables. Place a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each cup. Top with vegetables and drizzle with ranch dressing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 21mgSodium 307mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 4g