Key Lime Homemade Waffles Recipes have a subtle key lime flavor that tastes perfect with homemade strawberry topping!
Such a wonderful way to spruce up your morning!
If you’re looking for a fun and exciting new way to bring more flavor to the table this morning then look no further. This homemade waffles recipe is truly unique and wonderful especially when paired with some homemade whipped cream- yum! Using key limes and fresh strawberries we get some tangy sweet fruit flavors in every bite and the almond coconut milk blend just helps to create a near-tropical experience.
Key Lime Waffles
I combined my dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, I whisked my eggs, Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend (Lime and coconut are natural pairs), key lime juice and key lime zest. But that’s not all.
To contrast the tangy and tart key lime flavor, I topped these fluffy waffles with a fresh strawberry topping. A little extra key lime zest sprinkled on top sends your taste buds into a tailspin!
This homemade waffle recipe is worthy of a special occasion…like celebrating mom.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
- Key lime juice
- Key lime zest
For the sauce, you will need:
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
How to Make Key Lime Homemade Waffles Recipe
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar ad salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, key lime juice, and key lime zest.
- Add in the melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. You want most of the lumps gone.
- Prepare your waffle iron per manufacturers’ instructions.
- Cook your waffles until golden in color.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook down the sauce until the berries are soft and the juice has thickened.
How long should a waffle cook?
You should follow your machine’s manufacturer instructions to cook them for the right amount of time but they usually cook for about 2-3 minutes each. Make sure to not open the lid and check until after the time has elapsed as there’s a good possibility if you open the lid too early the waffle will break or not turn out correctly.
Does waffle batter need to rest?
Allowing your waffle batter to rest as the waffle maker preheats is a great way to get your waffles to turn out even fluffier and thicker. Which also means you may be able to get a few more waffles out of the batch compared to when you don’t allow it to rest.
Should I oil my waffle iron?
I like to brush some melted butter onto my waffle iron between every 2 or 3 waffles because it helps to keep it nonstick and helps to give the waffles a more crisp texture when finished. Nonstick cooking sprays can actually be harmful to your waffle maker but you should see the owners manual to confirm which method of greasing the waffle it prefers you to use.
For more tasty waffle recipes check out these yummy suggestions
- Apple Butter Bacon Waffle Sandwich
- Chicken and Waffles Pizza Recipe
- Browned Butter Homemade Waffles with Spiced Pear Topping
- Frozen Key Lime Pie Waffle Cones
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 key limes, zested, about 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 16 oz package strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, the Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend, the key lime juice and the key lime zest. Add in melted butter.
- Prepare waffles per the waffle iron directions.
- To prepare the sauce, combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook down strawberries until they are soft and juice thickens.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1137Total Fat 59gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 37gCholesterol 154mgSodium 838mgCarbohydrates 140gFiber 12gSugar 73gProtein 24g