Want the perfect summer dinner? Try a grilled quesadilla with simple veggies tossed with olive oil
and topped with homemade pesto and goat cheese!
EAT YOUR VEGGIES:
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup Pompeian Olive Oil Blend
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 8 inch tortillas
- 1 medium zucchini,sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup Pompeian Olive oil blend
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- Combine all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat grill. In a bowl combine together the zucchini, squash, mushrooms and olive oil. Toss to coat, season with salt and pepper. Place veggies in a single layer on the grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes per side. Removing mushrooms only after a few minutes. Continue to grill zucchini and squash until they begin to soften. Remove.
- Spread a generous tablespoon of pesto over each of quesadilla. Layer vegetables over pesto and top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Grill quesadillas until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes per side. Serve immediately
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 806Total Fat 70gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 54gCholesterol 15mgSodium 596mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 13g