NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 2 1oz squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- juice from 1/2 orange or 1/4 cup
- zest from one orange
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 9x 5 in loaf pans. In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate until melted and smooth. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine eggs sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla. Stir well. Mix in melted chocolate. Gently stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let pans cool completely.
For the glaze:
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Carefully stir in heavy cream and blend until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar, orange juice and zest and blend until smooth. Place glaze in a small ziptop bag and snip the corner. Drizzle chocolate glaze over each loaf.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 334 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 31mg Sodium 173mg Carbohydrates 41g Fiber 2g Sugar 30g Protein 4g