Pasta salads are a summer staple, but this Greek pasta salad will be your favorite! Fresh veggies, al dente pasta, and feta cheese are tossed in a simple tzatziki sauce. The pasta is creamy and delicious!
Pasta salad is one of the BEST side dishes! They are easy to throw together and loved by all. Pasta salads can be made with almost anything you have lying around and you can easily bulk up and leftovers to repurpose as the main course!
I often don’t use a recipe when I make pasta salad, I just sort of throw together whatever I have lying around in the kitchen. I always have ingredients to make a big Greek Salad, so making a Greek pasta salad was a no-brainer!
What Goes Into A Greek Salad
Pasta – I used rotini pasta. You want a pasta that will be able to hold the tzatziki sauce.
English cucumber – A peeled cucumber can be used instead.
Salt and pepper
How Do You Make This Pasta Salad
STEP ONE – Prepare pasta according to package directions.
STEP TWO – Combine pasta with halved cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, olives, and feta cheese.
STEP THREE – Prepare the dressing. The dressing is based on my tzatziki sauce. In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
How Long Does Greek Pasta Salad Last?
First of all, since the dressing for this salad is dairy-based, do not let this pasta dish sit out for more than two hours.
If you have leftovers, cover the pasta in an airtight container and place in the fridge. The pasta should keep for 3-5 days.
Can You Freeze Greek Pasta Salad?
There are definitely some pasta salads you can freeze, however, this is not one of them. Because you have yogurt and mayo in the dressing you want to avoid freezing as both those could start to separate leaving you with a mess once thawed.
- As mentioned above you can use waxy cucumbers instead. I like the English cucumbers because they are seedless and the skin isn’t tough which means they don’t require peeling.
- Substitute shell pasta, elbow pasta, or macaroni for the rotini.
- If you want to make this salad even more filling, add red onions, artichoke hearts, fresh spinach, roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes. Fresh herbs like dill would make this taste even better!
- Add grilled chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken to this salad recipe to make it a complete meal!
- Sour cream can be used in place of the Greek yogurt but the flavor will be different. The yogurt will give it the perfect tang and keeps the flavor of this salad authentic.
What To Serve With This Pasta Salad?
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 6 oz container Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with halved cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, olives, and feta cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over pasta, tossing to coat.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 7mgSodium 175mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 6g