This crack chicken noodle soup is a creamy and hearty comfort food that is quick and easy to make in your Instant Pot. The chicken and broth give it a comforting flavor, while the noodles provide a satisfying texture. With a few simple ingredients you can have this meal on the table in no time.
All about Crack Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is a classic comfort dish that has been around for centuries. It’s made with chicken, broth, noodles, and vegetables. But it can be dressed up with a variety of herbs and spices to suit individual tastes. The combination of flavors creates a wholesome and satisfying meal that is easy to make at home.
Using an Instant Pot to make chicken noodle soup can be a great way to save time while still enjoying a complete meal. You don’t have to worry about watching the stove or stirring your ingredients as they cook. The Instant Pot’s built-in timer takes care of everything for you.
This chicken noodle soup recipe is called crack because it’s so delicious that it is addictive. This term is used in a humorous way as an exaggeration of how good the recipe is. Once you have made and tasted this chicken noodle soup, you won’t want to stop eating it. It will leave your family and friends asking for more.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Crack Chicken Noodle Soup
- Shredded chicken
- Chicken stock
- Pasta of your choice (I used fettucine)
- Cream cheese
- Evaporated milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Celery stalk
- Yellow onion
- Garlic cloves
- Dried dill
How to Make Crack Chicken Noodle Soup in the Instant Pot
- Dice the onion and slice the carrots and celery. Set aside.
- Mince the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Add the butter, garlic, onion, and a bit of salt to the Instant Pot on saute mode.
- Saute for 8 minutes on medium heat until the onions are soft, golden, and fragrant.
- Add the carrots and celery and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, chicken stock, cheddar cheese, dill, evaporated milk, cream cheese, and the remaining salt to the pot. Mix well.
- Add the pasta. Close the Instant Pot and set on high pressure. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Do a quick release and mix well.
- Serve with a bit more shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Tips and Variations for Crack Chicken Noodle Soup
Making crack chicken noodle soup in an Instant Pot is easy with these helpful tips:
- If you have the time, make your own homemade chicken stock. Simmer chicken bones and vegetables in water for several hours until all the flavors have been released and the liquid has reduced by about half. For an even more intense flavor, roast the bones before adding them to the pot.
- Save time by shredding a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- Use low-sodium chicken stock if you need to reduce the sodium content.
- Try different variations of pasta. Fettuccine works great, but you can also try rotini, farfalle, or ditalini.
- If you like spicy soup, try adding ingredients such as curry powder or cayenne pepper.
- Add beans or lentils for extra protein and fiber.
Crack Chicken Noodle Soup FAQs
Can I meal prep crack chicken noodle soup?
Yes, you can meal prep this soup. But it is best to cook the pasta separately and add it to the soup right before eating it. For al dente pasta, cook for 7 minutes. For a softer texture, cook for 10 minutes.
How do I store leftover crack chicken noodle soup?
This soup is best eaten right after being made due to the pasta. But if you have leftovers, you can store them in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What if I don’t have an Instant Pot?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can cook this soup in a regular pot on the stove top. Watch the soup and stir the ingredients from time to time so they don’t stick to the bottom.
Other Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Turkish Red Lentil Soup (Mercimek Corbasi)
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup
- Easy Potato Soup
Crack chicken noodle soup is a comforting meal that you can make in an Instant Pot with ease. With its creamy texture and intense flavor, it will become a favorite among family and friends. Whether you are looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a hearty weekend lunch, crack chicken noodle soup is the perfect choice. Get your ingredients ready and enjoy crack chicken noodle soup with minimal effort.
- 1 ½ cups shredded chicken
- 33 oz chicken stock
- 8 oz pasta of your choice (I’ve used fettucine)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stick
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Slice the onion, carrots, and celery finely. Set aside.
- Mince the garlic cloves and set aside.
- In the Instant pot on sautee mode, add the butter, garlic, and onion, season with a bit of salt. Sautee for 8 minutes on medium heat until soft, golden, and fragrant.
- Add the carrots and the celery and sautee for a couple of minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, the dill, rest of salt, the evaporated milk and the cream cheese and mix well.
- Add the pasta and close the instant pot and set on high pressure. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Do a quick release and mix well. Serve with a bit more of cheddar cheese on top.
This soup is best eaten right after being made due to the pasta. If you want to make it in advance or make more and have leftovers, make sure to remove the pasta from the liquid and store separately. Store for up to 3 days in sealed containers in the fridge.
Cook for 7 minutes for aldente pasta, but if you would like to have a softer texture cook for 10 minutes.