Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies are a perfect blend of sweet, chewy, and refreshing.
Soft peppermint cookies with chocolate chips and mini Peppermint Patty’s!
This mint chocolate cookie recipe is a perfect treat for when you want something sweet and refreshing. Made to be soft and chewy these cookies are a perfect indulgent delight. We love serving them up all year round but they especially do well around the holiday season when mint-flavored everything becomes more popular. Serve them up in cookie exchanges or enjoy them to yourself, there’s no wrong way to eat a cookie.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
These peppermint cookies do not have as much chocolate as some desserts, but they are still quite delicious. The mint flavor shines through between the mint extract and Peppermint Patty’s.
Candy and cookies together all in one bite, could you really ask for anything more? These cookies are minty, buttery, chocolatey, melt-in-your-mouth cookies!
These peppermint cookies start with basic cookie dough, you know flour, sugar, and the like. But then chocolate chips and mini Peppermint Patty’s are swirled in.
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Peppermint extract
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour
- Mini Peppermint patties
- Chocolate chips
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and then set them aside.
- Place your softened butter into a large mixing bowl and beat together until fluffy.
- Stir in both sugars until combined.
- Add in the vinegar.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in both of the extracts.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour.
- Carefully stir the flour mixture into the dough.
- Add in the chocolate chips and peppermint patties by hand.
- Drop the dough by the spoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place onto wire racks to cool completely.
How to keep cookies from spreading- Refrigerate your dough for an hour before baking; starting with a cold baking sheet can help as well (keeping the fat in the cookies “solid” and will prevent the cookie from spreading). Another tip for this is to use shiny aluminum baking sheets if possible.
Why are my cookies tough or dry?
If you overwork or overmix your cookie dough then you will find that the flour’s glutens have been overdeveloped and that results in a tough cookie. For a softer cookie, you want to just barely mix the flour to the point where no streaks remain and it has been fully incorporated.
How do I know when my cookies are done?
The cookies will be finished baking went the edges look set and the tops are no longer glossy, even if they do look a little underbaked. I always underbake my cookies just slightly; I always pull my cookies about 1 minute prior to the time stated on the recipe. They finish cooking as they cool and turn out perfectly soft and chewy every time.
How long are chocolate chip peppermint cookies good for?
These cookies can last up to 3 or 4 days in an airtight container at room temperature. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Thaw the cookies on the counter for a few minutes to soften before eating.
For more delicious peppermint recipes, check out these refreshing suggestions
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Pots de Creme
- Peppermint No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cake Roll
- Peppermint Layered Pudding Dessert
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bark
- Peppermint Patty Chocolate Bark
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 8 oz mini Peppermint patties
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place softened butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in both sugars until combined.
- Add vinegar.
- Stir in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in both extracts.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- Carefully stir flour mixture into the dough.
- Add chocolate chips and Peppermint Patty's by hand.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove the cookies to a baking rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 109Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 18mgSodium 77mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 1g