Cherry Pie Energy Bites are a simple treat that you can feel good about eating.
Energy bites that taste like cherry pie, but are healthy, light, and tasty!
I have wanted to try energy bite recipes for ages. With all the fresh cherries available this time of year, I thought cherry pie flavored energy bites would be amazing. These energy bites are so simple; they start with oatmeal and almond butter. Flaxseed, chia seeds, fresh cherries, agave nectar, and extracts are all thrown in to boost health benefits and flavor. I could not believe how easy and delicious this snack is; I see these becoming a staple in my fridge. Plus the flavor combinations are endless. All I have to do is think of my favorite summertime pies…peach pie, plum pie, key lime pie….
Cherry Energy Bites
This cherry bites recipe is a wonderful blend of fresh fruit, oats, protein, and natural sugars working together in harmony to create the perfect experience. Enjoy these tasty cherry energy balls after a workout (or before) or simply keep them on hand for a simple portable or poppable snack when you don’t want to completely destroy your diet. These cherry pie bites are so versatile and delicious you’re going to love them all season long!
- Old fashioned oats
- Almond butter
- Fresh cherries
- Chia seeds
- Almond extract
- Vanilla extract
- Agave nectar
How to Make Cherry Pie Energy Bites
- Combine the oats, almond butter, cherries, cinnamon, flaxseed, chia seeds, and extracts in a bowl.
- Place into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll your mixture out into 1 inch sized balls and place into an airtight container for storage. Separate the bites with parchment paper as needed.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
If you don’t have any flax seed on hand you can just add in a little more oats to help get the mixture to the right consistency needed to form the balls.
You can use certified gluten free oats to make these energy bites gluten free.
How long are energy bites good for?
Because we make this recipe with fresh cherries we can expect them to last up to a week (at most) in the fridge. Keep them stored in an airtight container. For best results, I recommend eating these energy bites within about 3 to 4 days.
Can I freezer cherry energy balls?
Yes, these balls freeze very well! Keep them in an airtight container for up to 3 months and simply thaw when you’re ready to eat.
Can I use dried cherries instead of fresh ones?
Absolutely! By using dried cherries you can enjoy these healthy treats all year long and get them to last up to 10 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you liked these cherry pie bites then you may also really enjoy these Pina Colada Energy Balls. The recipe is Paleo, Grain-Free, and Gluten-Free making them perfect for any dietary plans or restrictions.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cherries
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- In a bowl stir together the oat, almond butter, cherries, cinnamon flaxseed, chia seeds and extracts.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Store energy bites in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Keep bites separated by parchment paper.
Amount Per Serving Calories 97Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 3g