The perfect meal solution for your leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I’m planning my dessert, picking out my stretchy pants and stocking up on plastic containers because I want leftovers! Aside from over eating, and food coma’s, left overs is what Thanksgiving is about right? I happen to know that this year my mom bought an extra large turkey so that there will be enough left overs for us all! Now that’s a good mom.
I will fill one container to the brim with stuffing because I like that the best. I will fill another container for the mashed potatoes because that’s my husband’s favorite and then I’ll fill up a third container with as much turkey as possible! I won’t eat the turkey plain however. One day is enough for me. Rather, I will repurpose that bird for meals throughout the week! This turkey and wild rice casserole is a perfect example! This is a crowd pleaser to say the least.
The best part is you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already. All you need is the turkey! Left over turkey will do just fine. So, whether you are hosting or you are the guest on Thanksgiving, make sure your parcel out a good chunk of turkey for yourself as soon as possible! Then sit back, eat and relax because you won’t have to worry about planning your next meal!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 1 lb turkey, chopped
- 2 boxes quick cooking long grain and wild rice mix (6.2 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 oz)
- 1 can cream of celery soup (10 3/4 oz )
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 11 x7 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter add celery and onions and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in turkey, soups, sour cream, milk and salt. Add in rice and 1 cup of cheese. Carefully stir until mixed. Pour onto prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese and pecans and bake an additional 5 minutes
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 372 Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 83mg Sodium 549mg Carbohydrates 17g Fiber 2g Sugar 3g Protein 20g
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I’ll be sharing this with these parties and with