Flatbread is the base for this easy and flavorful tequila lime chicken pizza!
So much flavor and deliciousness in every slice.
Today I bring you something a little savory. This recipe for tequila lime chicken pizza is a delicious combination of fresh, creamy, and salty, and it’s a perfect lunch or simple dinner option for any time of the year. We use real tequila in our tequila lime chicken marinade and a nice flatbread crust for a chewy bite so that every pizza has the right amount of texture and flavor to savor your way through. you’re going to love this easy tequila lime chicken pizza!
Margarita Chicken Pizza
Tequila lime chicken is a beautiful thing. The chicken is soaked in a super piquant marinade which consists of lime juice, cumin, and tequila. Once cooked, the chicken is placed on flatbread along with Monterey Jack cheese and bright, fresh, yellow cherry tomatoes. These pizzas don’t take long to bake in the oven (the grill would work too). Before serving, top each pizza with avocados, feta cheese, and cilantro. The balance of flavors between the cool tomatoes, creamy avocados, and salty feta cheese is nothing short of amazing.
For the chicken marinade, you will need:
- Chicken tenders
- Lime juice
- Garlic clove
You will also need:
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Yellow cherry tomatoes
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Jalapeno slices
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Tequila Lime Chicken Pizza
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, tequila, garlic, and cumin.
- Add in the chicken and then turn to coat. Cover and place into the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat a grill pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray each flatbread with nonstick spray on both sides and arrange directly on the oven racks.
- Bake for 4 minutes or until each piece of bread is slightly crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top each with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/2 clove of garlic.
- Arrange your chicken, tomatoes, and cheese over the flatbreads and then return them to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Top each pizza with feta cheese, avocado, cilantro, and jalapeno before serving.
Do I have to marinate my chicken?
I recommend that you marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes because it will help to infuse the flavor within the chicken and give it a more tender bite. For even more tender chicken, marinade it longer.
What happens if I marinate my chicken too long?
If you over marinate your chicken (meaning no longer than 8 hours) you risk the meat turning very hard and rubbery as a result. To marinate the chicken for too long actually hurts the final results which we don’t want to do so I recommend not letting the chicken rest for longer than overnight.
What other pizza crusts would work for this recipe?
You can use any pizza crust desired from a large flour tortilla to a homemade yeast dough. I like to use flatbread because it’s simple and easy but You can use whatever you would prefer or whatever is easiest.
For more delicious pizza recipes check out these tasty suggestions:
- Spicy Pizza Poppers
- Chicken Shawarma Skillet Pizza
- Jumbo Pizza Pigs in a Blanket
- Supreme Pizza Dip Recipe
- Pizza Pasta
- Mexican Street Corn Flatbread Pizza
- 4 flat breads
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders, (you will need about 4)
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- jalapeno slices optional
- Combine lime juice, tequila, garlic, cumin and salt in a bowl. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat a grill pan. Spray with non stick spray and add chicken. Cook chicken for 4-5 minute per side or until cooked through. Remove and cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray each flatbread with non stick spray on both sides. Arrange flat bread directly on oven racks. Bake for 4 minutes or just until each bread is slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and top each with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and 1/2 clove garlic. Arrange chicken, tomatoes and cheese over flatbreads. Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top each pizza with feta cheese, avocado, cilantro and jalapeno.
Amount Per Serving Calories 647Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 62mgSodium 1317mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 29g