A milk punch for caramel lovers!
This easy cocktail takes plain old milk and turns it into a lusciously sweet caramel flavored (adult) treat!
Eggnog is one of those things that you either love or hate, and I’m talking about both, the kind that comes in a carton and the kind that is found in your liquor store. I use to love both types but over the years I’ve found that my tastes for both have waned.
I no longer care for they grocery store variety as I find it to be too sweet and it carries an artificial aftertaste. The liquor is too strong for me, it has too much ‘nog and not enough “egg” or creaminess. So I’ve abandoned the holiday staple in favor of a beverage that has everything I need; the ideal amount of spirits, no eggs yet it remains creamy and silky.
This cocktail combines half and half and whole in a pitcher along with spiced rum (save some for this maple tiramisu!), butterscotch liqueur and a little sugar. Pour the milk mixture into a glass that has caramel and salt lining the bottom. Crushed ice is a must!
Eggnog comes in handy for making eggnog ice cream floats or even eggnog sugar cookies but when it comes to my drinks, I’ll think I’ll switch to this easy milk punch recipe instead! It’s quick and tastes delish!
Notes about the milk punch:
- This recipe contains whole milk because the fat content will help make a thick and creamy tasting cocktail. You could change it out to fit your preferences or your needs, the taste might be slightly altered.
- Often, you’ll find milk punch made with bourbon, by all means, use bourbon or even brandy if you would like and feel free to adjust the alcohol content to suit your tastes.
- Crushed ice helps to break up the dairy, I highly recommend it!
- This recipe will yield 4 glasses, this recipe can easily be doubled or reduced and can be made in advance.
- Don’t forget to add a little nutmeg or cinnamon on top just before serving!
Salted Caramel Milk Punch
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup spiced rum
- 1/4 cup butterscotch liqueur
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons of caramel sauce
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine half and half, milk, alochohol and sugar in pitcher, whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Divide caramel between 4 glasses, sprinkle each with a pinch of salt. Fill each glass with crushed iced and pour milk mixture over ice. Serve.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1723kcal Calories from fat 646|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 72g||111%|
|Saturated Fat 44g||220%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|