Lady fingers are layered with a cream mixture that is spiced with a little rum. This maple tiramisu recipe is a warm and cozy version of the classic dessert!
If I were to list my favorite deserts I would say tiramisu is right up there at the very top of the list. The irony is I rarely serve it as it was intented. Tiramisu is an Italian dessert who’s name means “pick me up”. Light lady figers are dunked in a spiked coffee mixture then layered with a mascarpone cheese infused custard. The oridinal dessert is delicious, but I’m not good at leaving well enough alone.
I’ve transformed angel food cake into a lovely strawberry tiramisu filled treat. I’ve also baked chocolate mocha cookies that surrounded a boozy mascarpone filling. Those tiramisu sandwich cookies capture the essence of the classic tiramisu recipe in each decadent bite. Then last year I revamped ordinary pudding flavors; I added coffee, coffee liqueur and vodka to plain old chocolate and vanilla puddings and then swirled them into individual shot glasses. Tiramisu pudding shots equals instant party.
Here I am once again with a uniuqe twist on traditional tiramisu. Lady fingers still provide the “cake” layers to this this simple dessesrt. Each lady finger is dipped in a coffee and spiced rum mixture. In between the cake layers is a mascarpone and maple creamy filling that has also been infused with spiced rum. The silky sweet maple syrup is the ideal foil to the spiced rum. The strong coffee and sublte mascarpone keep everything even and tempered. This seasonally inspired tiramisu recipe is a luscious dream!
One of these days I WILL post an authentic trimisu recipe, I promise. But for now, this autumnal flavored version is a must! It’s delicious, creamy, sweet, spiced and sophisticated. Time to look beyond pumpkin and pecan desserts!
- 24 lady fingers
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 4 tablespoons spiced rum ( I used Captain Morgan)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz mascarpone, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- In a bowl, combine coffee and spiced rum.
- In a stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, and mascarpone until creamy and smooth. Mix in both sugars and continue to beat until combined. Mix in maple syrup and spiced rum. Beat until both have been incorporated.
- Quickly dip half of the lady fingers quickly into the coffee mixture and arrange in an 8 x 8 baking dish (it's ok if the lady fingers are overlapping). Do NOT dip the entire lady finger into the coffee or else they will disintegrate.
- Carefully spread half of the mascarpone layer over the lady fingers. Repeat with the remainig lady fingers and top with the remaining mascarpone layer.
- Refrigerate tiramisu for at least an hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 125mgSodium 235mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 6g