These vegan matcha cookies are packed with green tea flavors and dark chocolate chips in every bite. Made with just a few ingredients these cookies are both easy and fast to make.
If you love matcha and chocolate then there’s no doubt that you’re going to enjoy these soft and chewy cookies. These vegan matcha chocolate chip cookies are a simple recipe that only needs 7 ingredients and a few steps to complete, making them easy enough that anyone can follow along.
What Are Vegan Matcha Cookies?
These are eggless matcha cookies made with gluten-free flour (almond flour) and dry green matcha powder making every cookie naturally green in color. Matcha is a type of green tea and is packed with great nutritional benefits and flavor. These cookies are pretty healthy, low in sugar, and a great option for when you’re looking for something sweet and different.
Ingredients you’ll need for matcha cookies:
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Maple syrup
- Matcha powder
- Vegetable oil
- Dark chocolate chips
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to make vegan matcha cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together the almond flour, matcha powder, baking soda, and baking powder with a fork in a large mixing bowl until combined.
Add in the maple syrup and vegetable oil and mix together with a wooden spoon until you have a rich and smooth textured dough.
Fold in the dark chocolate chips until they are combined, but do not overmix the dough.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and take scoop dough by the rounded spoonful onto the paper.
Use your hands to make the cookies flat by pressing down on top.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes but do not overbake them.
Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 1-2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
- You can make the dough ahead and freeze it until ready to bake. To do this simply make the dough as requested and portion it out into ready-to-bake-sized dough balls. Freeze on a baking sheet until solid (about 1-2 hours) and then transfer to an airtight container to freeze for up to 3 months. Then, when you want to enjoy tasty cookies, simply pull out how many pieces you want and let them thaw for a few minutes on a baking sheet while the oven preheats and then bakes as directed.
- You can keep your cookies stored in the fridge for up to 4 days after they have been baked. These cookies do best to remain stored in the fridge as opposed to room temperature and may even taste better the next days when the flavors have a chance to really settle and meld together.
Can I make Vegan matcha white chocolate chip cookies?
If you do not wish to use dark chocolate chips you can omit them or replace them with a different type of chocolate like white chocolate. Keep in mind that as written the cookies are vegan but finding a vegan white chocolate chip can be difficult and may result in you specially ordering them from online retailers so planning this recipe in advance may be helpful.
What to serve with matcha cookies?
These cookies would do great with a tall glass of almond milk on the side, as most cookies would. Another great option would be to serve them with a glass of your favorite tea because why not? The green tea cookies and tea drink would be a perfect pairing, don’t you think so too?
Do I have to chill the cookie dough?
This recipe does not have you chilling the cookie dough but if desired, you can. Allowing the dough to chill for an hour before rolling and baking can give the cookie more time to develop its wonderful flavors and taste even better, even if it does mean that you have to be a bit more patient.
Check out these other fabulous and easy cookie recipes:
- Ginger Pecan Cookies Recipe Perfect For Fall And Winter
- Strawberry Ricotta Cookies
- Olive Oil and Lemon Zucchini Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Milk Dud Nutella Cookies
- Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups (200gr) Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 ounce (30gr) Maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Matcha powder
- 2 ounces (60gr) Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Start by preheating the oven at 180 °C - 350°F.
- In a bowl mix together all your dry ingredients; almond flour, matcha powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir with a fork or spoon to combine.
- Next, add the maple syrup and vegetable oil, with the help of a wooden spoon mix all together until you rich a smooth dough.
- Then, add in the dark choco-chip, try to fold until the chocolate chips are combined but don't overmix.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper, take a spoon of the matcha dough around 30gr to make the matcha cookies
- Use your hands, to make flat the cookies by pressing down the top. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Be careful don't overcook them.
- Let them cool down for 1-2 minutes. Transfer them to a place or bowl and your vegan matcha cookies are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 263Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 1mgSodium 170mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 4g