Who needs takeout when you have this chicken teriyaki recipe!
Bell peppers, carrots, and edamame are tossed and stirred together with chicken and noodles in a flavorful sauce!
This chicken teriyaki recipe with noodles recipe is better for you than take out and packed with a lot of delicious flavor in every bite. Made with Splenda brown sugar in the sauce and packed with fresh veggies like red bell peppers, crisp shredded carrots, and edamame, you know it’s going to be good and good for you too! Every bite of this dish is light and flavorful making it perfect for any weeknight meal. Serve it up with soba noodles and you have yourself a teriyaki chicken noodle bowl that the whole family will love!
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry With Noodles
This dish comes together quickly and easily. From the simple teriyaki sauce that’s cooked and whisked until thickened to the sauteed chicken and veggies. This teriyaki chicken and noodles recipe is going to find its way onto your weeknight meal plans often and it’s not hard to see why. From the quick and easy recipe to the thick and rich teriyaki sauce coating your veggies and chicken everything about this meal is great!
- Vegetable oil
- Red pepper
- Shredded carrots
- Shelled edamame
For the Teriyaki Sauce, you will need:
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Garlic cloves
- Jarred ginger
- SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend
- Cold water
- Soba noodles
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Chicken Teriyaki Recipe with Noodles
- Prepare your soba noodles according to the package instructions and reserve 1/4 cup of water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add in the chicken and cook the strips for 7-8 minutes. Remove and then set them aside.
- Add in the second teaspoon of oil to the pan.
- Place your vegetables and saute for 5-6 minutes or until they just begin to soften. Return the chicken to the skillet with the veggies.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and Splenda in a small saucepan.
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a bowl and add it to the soy sauce mixture. Whisk until the mixture just begins to thicken. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Add in the reserved soba water and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and then toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.
How do I make teriyaki sauce better?
For added flavor, sweetness, and freshness you can add a tablespoon of pineapple juice. This helps to cut down on some acidity in the sauce as well.
How do you thicken up teriyaki sauce?
The cornstarch slurry added to the recipe is meant to help thicken up the sauce. If your sauce does not thicken after adding in the cornstarch slurry turn up the heat a little bit as oftentimes all that is needed is a warmer liquid to help activate and thicken the cornstarch.
How healthy is chicken teriyaki?
The dish as a whole can be somewhat unhealthy but we are making smarter choices with this homemade version. By choosing low sodium soy sauce, adding in vegetables, and using Splenda as our sweetener we are cutting down on sodium and sugars while increasing nutrients on every plate.
If you love the taste of teriyaki then you are going to love these other teriyaki recipes like my Grilled Beef Teriyaki and my Pineapple Teriyaki Turkey Brats. Both are truly delicious and perfect for any occasion, especially summer!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon jarred ginger
- 3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 9.5 oz package soba noodles
- Prepare soba noodles according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook chicken strips for 7-8 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Add second teaspoon oil to skillet. Place vegetables in the skillet and sautee veggies for 5-6 minutes until just they begin to soften. Return chicken to the skillet with the veggies.
- In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend. Whisk. Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl and add to soy sauce. Whisk mixture just until it begins to thicken, which should take about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken, add reserved water and let cook another 1-2 minutes. Stir in noodles and toss to coat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 457Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 107mgSodium 1990mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 38g