Who needs takeout when you have this chicken teriyaki recipe!
Bell peppers, carrots, and edamame are tossed and stirred together with chicken and noodles in a flavorful sauce!
I made this chicken teriyaki recipe using SPLENDA® Sweetener Products as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps.”
I used to go to a Chinese buffet that had that best chicken teriyaki recipe. My sister and I used to go every Saturday back in our single days. Every week we would meet at this restaurant to catch up, talk about our parents and our love lives all while enjoying some seriously delicious food.
I am no longer a buffet kind of person and my family, and I rarely get Chinese takeout. These days, I prefer to make my own takeout. By making my own, I can control the ingredients including the sodium and sugar; I can add more vegetables and I can serve the dish up my way. That is exactly what I did with this chicken teriyaki recipe.
Chicken Teriyaki Recipe with Noodles
For this dish, I sauteed chicken and added fresh red bell peppers, crisp shredded carrots, and edamame. In a separate sauce pan, I stirred together soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend. I whisked this just until combined, then added cornstarch. Once the sauce thickens, I tossed it with my chicken and my vegetables and served everything over soba noodles.
Not only was this chicken teriyaki recipe quick and easy, but it was light, fresh and better for you for you than takeout. If your goals for 2016 are to eat better, then this recipe is a step in the right direction. I used SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend in baked goods like this Maple Butterscotch Scone Recipe, but it’s versatile enough for drinks and for savory recipes too. The sugar blend added the touch of sweet needed to go up against the low sodium soy sauce. Plus, SPLENDA® Brand adds the sweetness of sugar without all the calories. The thick, rich teriyaki sauce coats the each strip of chicken and all the vegetables then it drapes over each soba noodle; I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon jarred ginger
- 3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 9.5 oz package soba noodles
- Prepare soba noodles according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook chicken strips for 7-8 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Add second teaspoon oil to skillet. Place vegetables in the skillet and sautee veggies for 5-6 minutes until just they begin to soften. Return chicken to the skillet with the veggies.
- In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend. Whisk. Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl and add to soy sauce. Whisk mixture just until it begins to thicken, which should take about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken, add reserved water and let cook another 1-2 minutes. Stir in noodles and toss to coat.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 457Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 107mgSodium 1990mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 38g
I’m sharing this recipe as part of the SPLENDA® Sweet Swaps!
To learn more, visit SPLENDA® on: