Get all the flavor of a Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich but with a minimal amount of effort! Serve these fusion taquitos as a meal with a light side or as an appetizer! But don’t forget the dipping sauce!
I’ve partnered with Chicken of the Sea to bring you this original recipe.
Every once in a while someone will ask me how book sales are going. I’m always a little taken aback by this question. For one thing, it takes me a minute to figure out what they are asking, When I figure it out and remember I published a cookbook, I have to admit that I have no idea how my book sales are going. And I don’t even care. The only reason I agreed to write the book was for my kids. I have something physical, something tangible that I can pass on to them. Recipes have a way of living on; my kids will always be able to hold a little piece of me.
My favorite recipe from that sandwich cookbook was my vegetarian Banh Mi. Those sandwiches were packed with mushrooms and veggies that were soaked in a rice vinegar mixture. Jalapenos, cool cucumbers, and a Sriracha mayo were placed on top. I made that sandwich several times during the testing process, and I have made it countless times since publication. I often try to experiment with fusion recipes like these fusion Grilled Steak Tacos or this Asian BBQ Pork Taco Boats. Those experiments, as well as my favorite cookbook sandwich recipe, were the inspiration behind these fusion taquitos!
These taquitos are the express version of a Banh Mi sandwich! They are filled with the classic veggies like carrots, daikon radish, and cucumbers. Since I’m always trying new ways to get more fish into my diet, I also added Chicken of The Sea Sriracha Flavored Salmon Pouch. The salmon was seasoned perfectly and added the right amount of spice. Be sure to serve the simple avocado ranch dipping sauce on the side to temper the heat from the salmon!
The salmon pouches make serving seafood to your family easy and quick and since dietary guidelines advise Americans to eat 2-3 servings of seafood per week for good health, it makes sense to keep these pouches handy! Chicken of the Sea is helping fans work towards a healthy lifestyle by providing sustainable seafood products and easy recipes. Chicken of the Sea makes it easy to Go Fish!
From now until March 15, fans can enter to win $100 Visa gift card and Chicken of the Sea resource deck of cards. Be sure to check out their Facebook page and comment with your tips recipes, facts, and inspiration to be entered to win!
Bahn Mi Taquito
Salmon and veggie packed Bahn Mi Taquitos make a fun weeknight meal or a game day snack!
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 shredded daikon radish
- 1/3 cup julianned seedless cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 2.5 oz packet Chicken of the Sea Sriracha Salmon Pouch
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine carrots, radishes, cucumbers, and parsley. Stir in vinegar, water, sugar and salt; stir.
- Divide both veggie mixture and salmon between each of the flour tortillas, arranging the mixture towards the end that is closest to you. Tightly roll up each tortilla and place it seam side down on a baking dish.
- Spray taquitos lightly with baking spray. Bake taquitos for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, stir together avocado, sour cream, milk, lemon juice and ranch seasoning. Serve with taquitos.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 230kcal Calories from fat 88|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|