Two bite cheesecake cupcakes are a blend of sweet and tart!
A lemonade cheesecake is topped with a sweet strawberry flavored buttercream to create a dessert that is tangy and delicious! These Strawberry Lemonade Cheesecake Cupcakes are bursting with bright and fresh flavor!
It is not often that I find myself staring at the glass case of a bakery. I’m a little arrogant when it comes to baking. I think I’m a pretty decent baker, so I rarely feel the need to stop and purchase baked goods. Sometimes, however, I find my car mysteriously pulling into the parking lot of local cupcake shops. I think my car likes it when I do “research”.
The idea for these strawberry lemonade cheesecakes came from a recent excursion with my girls. After a day full of shopping we found ourselves in need of a little pick me up. We found the perfect little cupcake shop to enjoy an afternoon snack. I typically gravitate towards anything caramel or chocolate. Cherry Coke Cupcakes and Bailey’s Salted Caramel Brownies are where my heart usually lies, but for someone reason, lemonade cheesecakes were calling my name. I’m so glad they were calling my name because I fell in love with the idea of lemonade flavored cheesecakes! And idea was instantly born.
These little cheesecakes have a bright and sunny flavor that is sure to pick you up! They only take about two about two bites to consume, so the fact that they are topped with a decadent buttercream is no big thing, right? The cheesecake is light and fluffy while the buttercream is creamy and luscious. The tart cheesecakes are the perfect foil to the sweet frosting. A buttery lemon Oreo crust pulls it all together!
Just like these strawberry cupcakes, these little treats are the epitome of summer. They are sunny and vibrant with flavor to match! Make these to impress your guests or just because. These strawberry lemonade cupcakes are bound to make you happy!
I still think I can make many things I see in bakeries, but it sure is fun searching for inspiration!
- 1 package lemon Oreos pulsed into fine crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 tablespoons thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Heavy cream as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two 12-count cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Melt the butter or margarine in the microwave in a medium, microwave-safe mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp. sugar and 1 ½ cups Oreo cookie crumbs, stirring until all of the crumbs are evenly coated with butter.
- Spoon the cookie mixture into the cupcake liners so that it is evenly divided among all 24 cakes. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Beat the cream cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until they are well-mixed and smooth. Beat in the lemonade concentrate.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat the mixture after each addition until it is smooth.
- Fold the sour cream into the mixture with a large spoon or spatula.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the cookie crusts in each cupcake liner, leaving 1/4 inch of space at the top of each liner for the cheesecake to rise.
- Bake the cheesecakes for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each comes out clean.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the oven and allow them to cool before adding the toppings of your choice.
- For the frosting, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar one cup at a time until combined.
- Add the strawberries and beat until incorporated, adding heavy cream until you have a pipeable consitency. Pipe frosting over each cupcake.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 255Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 62mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 0gSugar 29gProtein 1g