Posted by Tanya Schroederhttps://www.lemonsforlulu.com/red-white-blue-dessert-crepes/
© 2016 LemonsforLulu.com. All rights reserved.
Red White and Blue Dessert Crepes
16 adjust servings
- 1 15.25 oz box Funfetti Stars and Stripes Pillsbury cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup of milk or half and half
- Mixed berries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Combine cake mix, water, eggs, oil and milk in a blender; combine until all the ingredients have been incorporated. Add more milk if the batter is too thick.
- Place a teaspoon of butter onto the hot skillet and swirl the butter around so that the bottom is coated. Place ¼ cup of the crepe batter slowly onto the center of the skillet. Raise skillet, and with just your wrist moving, slowly swirl the batter around into a large circle. Place skillet back onto the heat. Increase the heat to medium-high. Start checking the underside of your crepe when air pockets begin to develop. When the underside is golden brown, carefully lift crepe with a wide spatula. Flip crepe onto the other side, reduce heat to medium-low and heat the second side until golden brown (second side will cook much quicker).
- Repeat process with remaining batter.
- In the meantime place the heavy cream in a cold mixing bowl. Beat cream and sugar on high speed until the cream begins to thicken.
- To assemble crepes, place mixed berries down the center of each crepe, fold sides over the fruit. Place crepe seam side down onto your plate. Top with cream and a dusting of powdered sugar.