Milk Chocolate M & M’s are mixed in with popcorn for the perfect salty-sweet snack!
This popcorn snack mix recipe is just one more reason to host movie night.
One of my absolute favorite go-to sweet treats is this M & M Party Popcorn! I make it for Christmas, New Year, Super Bowl Parties, Valentine’s Day, school parties and functions, for baseball games, just because it’s Tuesday…you get the idea. I make this a lot! It just never disappoints! Each holiday brings a new flavor of M & M’s that you can use to change the flavor and the look. We never eat the same bowl twice. You could add the kitchen sink and it would still be good!
Popcorn snack mix
This yummy popcorn recipe is more than just a popcorn M and M mix, it’s a full-on snack mix. Combining everything from peanut butter to corn chips, and crushed cookie pieces, this mix is packed with sweet, salty, savory flavors. This party popcorn recipe is very simple and easy to throw together too making it perfect for a last-minute addition to a party or get-together. You can never go wrong when you serve popcorn with white chocolate and M&Ms unless you make too little. But the good news is that this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled as needed!
- Popped popcorn
- Crushed corn chips
- Peanut butter sandwich cookies
- M & M’s Milk Chocolate Candies
- White chocolate
- Peanut butter
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make M & M Party Popcorn
- In a large mixing bowl combine the popcorn, corn chips, cookies, and M&MS.
- In another bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each until creamy and smooth. Stir in the peanut butter.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn and stir well to coat.
- Pour your popcorn onto a wax paper-lined jelly roll pan.
- Place into the fridge for at least 1 hour so that the chocolate can set and harden.
- Break your popcorn apart into pieces and eat.
I recommend keeping your leftover popcorn stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 or 4 days. This will help to extend the shelf life of any popcorn snack mix that you might have left behind after the party. This is also a great way to make this fun popcorn mix in advance!
Looking for more fun and tasty things to toss into your popcorn blend? Check out this list of tasty suggestions!
- Salted peanuts
- Pretzels (sticks or broken round ones)
- Reeses Pieces
- Mini Reeses cups
- Different flavored Oreo cookies
- Mini marshmallows
What kind of white chocolate should I use?
You can use anything from white melting chocolate discs to Ghiradelli white chocolate chips. Personally, I think that white almond bark works wonderfully and it’s cheap so you can get a lot of batches made from one package of almond bark! Not only that but it melts down smoothly as well and tastes great.
How do you melt chocolate?
You can melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave using the 30-second method. Simply place the chocolate into a bowl and place it in the microwave. Heat in 30 second internal stirring well between each until smooth. This can take about 2 or 3 minutes depending on the strength of your microwave.
Another method is the double boiler method, which is done on the stovetop. Place a small pot with a few inches of water over the burner and let it come to a boil. Place a large heat-proof bowl over the top, but don’t let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Add your chocolate to the bowl and mix until the chocolate is melted and smooth before removing it from the heat.
If during either of these methods, your chocolate ends up with a few lumps you can add in a little vegetable oil, shortening, or coconut oil to help get the chocolate nice and smooth.
How long does white chocolate popcorn last?
This mix can last well for up to several days if kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature. It can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months but the added mix-ins may become stale as a result so it is not recommended.
Here are some more great tasting finger food recipes!
- Easy Carrot Cake Bites Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Pretzel Bites
- Butterscotch Marshmallow Bites
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Pretzels Recipe
- Pretzel Avalanche Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 8 cups air-popped, popcorn
- 2 cups crushed corn chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 2 cups M & M's Milk Chocolate Candies
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Combine popped corn, corn chips, cookies and M & M’s in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until creamy and smooth. Stir in the peanut butter.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn mixture and stir to coat. Pour popcorn onto a wax paper lined jelly roll pan.
- Refrigerate popcorn for at least an hour to allow chocolate to set. Break apart and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 691Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 11mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 86gFiber 4gSugar 48gProtein 9g