A cobb salad is always satisfying especially when it is topped with homemade garlic shrimp! This delicious salad is filling and the lemon vinaigrette makes it taste especially fresh!
The truth of the matter is, the food I could literally eat every sing day is a big ole salad. I love a crunchy, fresh, flavorful, hearty, colorful salad any day of the week.
Being Greek, I love Greek salads quite a bit. They are simple and require very few ingredients. But what makes me even happier is a Cobb salad! Cobb salad is the real deal. They are the kind of salad you eat as a meal and not as a starter!
What Is A Cobb Salad?
A typical Cobb salad is made up of mixed greens, tomatoes, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, diced chicken, avocados and a vinaigrette.
How To Make A Garlic Shrimp Cobb Salad
I chose a container of mixed greens for this recipe. But romaine lettuce, bibb lettuce, even kale, and spinach would work just fine. It is totally ok to use whatever greens your family prefers!
I also added plump, halved cherry tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and diced avocados for this salad.
I make a very simple lemon vinaigrette dressing to give this salad some bright fresh flavor.
The garlic shrimp recipe is super simple. You can practically have the shrimp prepared by the time you finish hard-boiling your eggs! Make a double batch of shrimp and use the leftovers for this Garlic Shrimp Alfredo!
How To Serve A Cobb Salad Recipe
I like to use a large platter or a large shallow bowl. Arrange your greens on the platter or the bowl. Arrange the shrimp, tomatoes, avocado, cheese .and eggs in rows or piles around your greens. Just before serving, drizzle the salad with the lemon dressing, toss and serve.
Serve this salad with crusty bread on the side to soak up any bits of dressing that might be left on your plate!
Is A Cobb Salad Healthy?
A cobb salad is as healthy as you make it. This particular recipe gets a dose of protein from the shrimp and the hard-boiled eggs as well as Omega-3 from the avocados and vitamins from the tomatoes and greens. The dressing is light and made with heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil.
All these good ingredients it a little easier to deal with the bacon, wink, wink.
Garlic Shrimp Salad Substitutions:
- Spinach, arugula, or kale can be used in place of the romaine lettuce
- For the cheese, use shredded Jack cheese, shredded cheddar or even queso fresco
- Add diced bell peppers, red onions, or jalapenos
- Use guacamole instead of the diced avocados
- Omit the bacon if desired
- The traditional red wine vinaigrette can be used in place of the lemon dressing
Connect with Lemons for Lulu!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #lemonsforlulu! I would love to see your talents!
I have a group dedicated to food and you! Check out my group page on facebookand join in on the fun! This is where you can ask questions, share recipes, connect with others and see more of Lemons for Lulu. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 4-5 sliced cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cubs garlic shrimp
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Arrange mixed greens on a serving plate or a shallow bowl
- Arrange tomatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, and avocado over the greens. Add garlic shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 338 Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 170mg Sodium 601mg Carbohydrates 9g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 20g