This Toffee Banana Poke Cake is a simple dessert that will impress everyone! Your family and friends will request it all the time!
Banana Poke Cake Is A First
I’m excited to be sharing this recipe with you. This is my very first poke cake and I certainly hope it’s not my last! I never realized how deliciously simple poke cakes were and the combinations are seemingly endless.
The idea for this flavor combination hit me months ago when I was dining out with friends. Someone ordered a banoffee pie and I’ve been obsessed with that combination ever since! Bananas and toffee are quite the dynamic duo. If you like Banana’s Foster, then you will love this poke cake. I mixed very ripe bananas and a bit of brown sugar into my cake mix. Then I drizzled caramel ice cream topping into my cake for the moistest cake ever! Then I covered the cake in the creamy whipped topping and crunchy toffee bits. If you are a caramel fanatic, then you’ll want to drizzle a little more caramel over your cake.
Each bite of this banana poke cake practically melts in your mouth, it is that tender. The biggest problem I had with this poke cake was keeping the family from devouring it all in one sitting! Nothing will cause more friction than when five family members all want the last piece of cake! If you love bananas as much as we do, then you’ll want to try this Banana Split Quick Bread, Banana Split Cake or these Bananas Fosters Pancakes!
Watch How to Make Banana Poke Cake:
- 1 18.25 oz box yellow cake
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping, plus 2 tablespoons for drizzling
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- In a mixer, combine cake mix and brown sugar. Add mashed bananas. Stir in oil and sour cream until blended. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well between additions. Stir in vanilla. Pour cake into a greased 9 x 13 in pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cake cool completely.
- When cake has cooled, poke holes in the cake using the end of a wooden spoon. Carefully pour caramel over cake; spreading if necessary, making sure caramel fills in the holes. Cover cake with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee bits and drizzle with extra caramel.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 366Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 69mgSodium 164mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 1gSugar 36gProtein 3g