These air fryer breakfast potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender and fluffy on the inside. Use them to create a hearty meal to start your day or as a side dish to eggs and toast.
All about Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
These air fryer breakfast potatoes are a great way to wake up your taste buds. With a few ingredients, you can make these hearty potatoes in little time with an air fryer. The air fryer gives the potatoes a crispiness on the outside without having to use too much oil.
The crispy potatoes are flavored with bacon and smoked paprika then drizzled with garlic parsley oil. The potatoes will help you meet your daily intake of vegetables. They are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. And olive oil is a healthy fat, full of antioxidants and vitamin E. Because it is high in monounsaturated fatty acids, olive oil has been linked to improved heart health.
Ingredients You’ll Need for this Recip:
- Medium-sized potatoes
- Garlic cloves
- Smoked paprika
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes:
- Wash the potatoes and peel them if you like. Drain the potatoes well.
- Cut the potatoes in half and then in 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- Place the potato chunks in a strainer and rinse them well. Allow them to dry or dry them with paper towels if needed.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and season them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and smoked paprika. Mix well.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overlap or overcrowd them. Work in batches if needed.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes start to cook, cut the bacon into pieces.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 5 minutes, add the bacon pieces and flip the potatoes. Cook for 10 more minutes at the same temperature.
- While the potatoes and bacon are cooking, crush or mince the garlic cloves and chop the fresh parsley.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small pan over medium-low heat. Fry the minced garlic, chopped parsley, and chili flakes (if using) in the oil for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- When the potatoes and bacon are finished cooking, place them in a serving bowl. Pour the garlic and parsley oil over the top of the potatoes and mix well.
- Garnish with a bit more fresh parsley if desired.
How to Serve Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Serve these air fryer breakfast potatoes with a fruit salad and scrambled or fried eggs for a complete breakfast. Or stir them into a hash. You can also serve them as a side dish to a meal anytime of day. And they make an excellent addition to a brunch spread. Top them with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, or salsa for additional flavor.
Tips and Variations for this Dish
For the best air fryer breakfast potatoes, follow these tips and try out these variations:
- Do not skip rinsing the potatoes after you cube them. Rinsing them will help remove the starch so you’ll have crispier potatoes. But make sure to dry them well before seasoning.
- Leave the skin on the potatoes if desired. I don’t peel the potatoes because I like the texture of the fried skin.
- If you don’t have smoked paprika, use regular paprika and add a bit of chili powder to it.
- Add in other herbs and spices, such as cumin or oregano, for extra flavor.
- Try using different types of potatoes, such as sweet potatoes.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado slices, or sliced green onion.
- Make this recipe vegan and vegetarian by omitting the bacon.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to prepare them ahead of time for meal prepping, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat them in the microwave or air fryer.
Other Potato Recipes
- Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
- Cheesy Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
- Grilled Po Boy Potato Salad
- Easy Potato Soup
- 5 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 pound bacon
- 4/5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Start by washing well the potatoes and peeling them if you like. I personally don’t peel them since I like the texture of the fried skin. Drain them well.
- Once well cleaned, cut in half and then in approximately 1.5-sized chunks.
- Put them again in the strainer and rinse them well. Let them dry, if needed dry them with kitchen paper too.
- Put the cubed potatoes in a bowl and season them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and smoked paprika.
- Put the potatoes inside the air fryer basket making sure to not overlap them or overcrowd them. If needed work in batches. Cook for 5 minutes at 350F
- While the potatoes are starting to cook, cut the bacon into strips, and set it aside. Add the bacon at the 5-minute mark, also taking that moment to flip the potatoes. Let cook for 10 more minutes at the same temperature.
- While the potatoes and bacon are cooking, crush or mince the garlic cloves and the fresh parsley, set aside.
- In a small pan add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the garlic and parsley in it for 3 minutes or until golden brown on medium-low heat.
- Once the potatoes and bacon have cooked, pour them into a serving bowl, pour the garlic and parsley oil on top and mix well.
- Garnish with a bit more fresh parsley if you want.
Do not skip rinsing the potatoes once cubed, this will help remove the starch, hence you’ll achieve crispier potatoes! But make sure to have them dried well before seasoning.
These potatoes are very meal prep friendly, they can be made in advance and be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
They go very well with avocado, scrambled or fried eggs, and a bit of fruit salad for a perfect breakfast!!