3-ingredient peanut butter oat balls are great for an afternoon pick-me-up or a breakfast on the go that won’t weigh you down. With only 3 ingredients, these protein-packed bites are creamy and have a great texture that will keep you full for hours – plus they can be made in no time at all.
All about 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Oat Balls
Who doesn’t love an energy-filled snack that’s easy to make, healthy, and tastes good too? This version of 3-ingredient peanut butter oat balls is perfect for anyone who wants a snack that is healthy, easy to make, and tastes delicious – all in one. The energy balls are made of rolled oats, peanut butter, and banana blended together. This simple combination packs a powerful punch in both flavor and nutrition.
Peanut butter balls are high in protein due to the peanut butter, while the banana provides vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Rolled oats are high in dietary fiber, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, selenium, and zinc. Eating rolled oats can help to improve digestive health, reduce inflammation, and regulate blood sugar levels.
These energy balls are super convenient. They’re perfect for popping into your bag or lunchbox when you’re on the run with no baking required. And you can enjoy them guilt-free. This recipe is also a great project to do with kids since there are no complicated steps or cooking involved.
Ingredients You’ll Need for 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Oat Balls
- Rolled oats
- Peanut butter
How to Make 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Oat Balls
- Peel the banana and place it in a bowl. Smash the banana with a fork until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of the rolled oats and mix well.
- Dip out spoonfuls of the mixture and roll them into balls in your hands.
- Roll each ball through the remaining oats to coat the ball.
Tips and Variations for Peanut Butter Oat Balls
Here are a few tips for making your peanut butter oat balls as well as variation ideas:
- Use a ripe banana to make your balls more sweet and flavorful.
- Use natural peanut butter with no added sugar or salt for an extra healthy twist.
- Add in a small amount of dark chocolate chips to add an extra layer of flavor.
- Add raisins, craisins, or nuts for more texture and nutrition.
- Stir in or top off your energy balls with some cinnamon.
- If you like them a bit sweeter, add a bit of brown sugar to the banana and peanut butter mixture. If you add a liquid sweetener like honey, you’ll need a bit more oats to achieve the same consistency.
- Stir in or roll the final balls in shredded coconut for extra texture.
- Add a few drops of vanilla extract to give them a hint of sweetness and flavor.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the oat balls for an indulgent treat.
- If you’re looking to make them even healthier, add ground flax seeds or chia seeds for added nutrition.
- Experiment with different nut butters, such as almond butter or cashew butter, instead of peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Oat Balls FAQs
Are these energy balls gluten free, dairy free, and suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
Yes, these peanut butter oat balls are gluten free, dairy free, and appropriate for vegans and vegetarians. Make sure your rolled oats are labeled as gluten free so they aren’t contaminated with gluten products during manufacturing.
Are these energy balls good for meal prepping?
The versatility of these snacks makes them perfect for meal prepping. They store well in the fridge or freezer so you can enjoy them later on without having to worry about them going bad. You make them at the beginning of the week and eat them for breakfasts or snacks all week.
How do I store these energy balls?
You can store these 3-ingredient peanut butter oat balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Other Breakfast Recipes
- Key Lime Homemade Waffles
- Blueberry Muffins with Poppyseeds
- Quick Cinnamon Rolls with Blueberries
- Maple Butterscotch Scone Recipe
These 3-ingredient peanut butter oat balls are a great way to enjoy a healthy snack or breakfast on the go. With just 3 ingredients, they’re quick and easy to prepare with no baking required. Plus, they’re packed with nutrition from the banana, rolled oats, and peanut butter. Enjoy these energy balls as is or add in some of your favorite mix-ins for extra flavor and texture.
- 1 ½ cups of rolled oats
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Peel the banana and with a fork, smash it in one of the bowls until a smooth paste is achieved.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add 1 cup rolled oats and mix well.
- Take spoons out of the mixture and shape them into bowls with your hands.
- Once a ball shape is achieved, roll it through the rest of the oats to coat the ball.
These energy balls are extremely easy and quick to make. Are a great project to do with kids since there are no complicated steps or cooking involved.
Try adding some cinnamon, raisins, nuts, or chocolate chips to make them different. If you like them a bit sweeter, I suggest adding a bit of brown sugar to the banana and peanut butter mixture. If you add a liquid sweetener like honey have in mind, you’ll need a bit more oats to achieve the same consistency.
These energy balls can be stored in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.